jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
When you have your tank sitting dead center in your living room and you have spent thousands on it, why would you want to make it look cheap and ugly with egg crate sitting there? It's fine for a frag tank or if you're using it in your sump, other than that it has no place in a DT IMO.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
lol only 24" spinners on my mini van!

Honestly I like the corner racks they are convenient and better than big pieces of egg crate. Anyone know if there are any other companies who make nice frag racks?

:lol2: spinners would be hot, but only if they're chrome.

When you have your tank sitting dead center in your living room and you have spent thousands on it, why would you want to make it look cheap and ugly with egg crate sitting there? It's fine for a frag tank or if you're using it in your sump, other than that it has no place in a DT IMO.

My point is, a frag rack in a display tank is ugly regardless of what it's made of. (Even chrome).

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
My point is, a frag rack in a display tank is ugly regardless of what it's made of. (Even chrome).[/QUOTE]

I don't like them really either and my frags are now in my sump. But if you are going to have one in the DT, IMO the corner racks made of acrylic look the best. You still need to clean it at least once a month, which is another pita. Otherwise it gets dirty and doesn't look good. As for Duke we all know you're special.:backtotop:backtotop

Rating - 98.6%
73   1   0
Are you guys hoping for a replacement frag rack that will corrode and rust all over again? Trying to spark up a recall?

+1 on frag racks (no matter what they're made of) being ugly in a DT... Glue them or keep them in the sand bed, unless you're a vendor then ugly egg crates will do.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: