jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Yep, I took mine out of the tank to clean it, the next day when it had dried the magnets were rusted up. Can't be good for the tank at all, I threw the rack out.

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
One of the magnets that was inside my biocube (behind the back chamber) got so rusted that the magnet split open and the rust was getting into my tank. I would assume that had something to do with me losing corals in that tank. I noticed it when I went to clean it off one day. I have contacted Eshopps on this issue and after they asked me to send pics which I sent about 20 all they said was "Do you have a receipt?". I'm not sure what a receipt has to do with a product being defective ,not to mention that I bought most of them at swaps or from vendors and did not even get a receipt because they don't typically give them. Since I told them that 5 days ago,I also emailed them this morning and I haven't gotten a response.

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
The plastic cases for the mags can break if your not careful and make sure the mag is on the proper side of the plastic case. If the mag gets pulled across the case bc of another mag, it can break the plastic case....then water gets in and corrodes the mag.

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Not the case here it was brand new and went in the tank and stayed there, It opened by itself. The other ones are not open or cracked in any way, just rusted which is weird because water must be getting in somehow. I guess just a crappy glue job. If it happened to my 4 and Jaa's and Mike's and probably plenty others then OBVIOUSLY it doesn't have anything to do with me.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: