btldreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
180   2   0
Hi Everyone!

We are currently in the process of opening our own tattoo studio here on Long Island. But we've come across a big hurdle: our local village (Patchogue) does not allow tattoo shops. We really feel that this code, which is from 1972 is antiquated and it's time for the village to update their codes. Currently, tattoo shops fall under the same category as night clubs, strip clubs, cabarets, and peep shows. The kicker: with special permit I can run a night club or cabaret in the village, but NOT a tattoo shop. The village boasts about being a young, artistic community that fully supports the arts, yet they are discriminating against one of the largest and fastest growing art forms among 20-40 year old people, which is the exact age crowd they are trying to lure in. In the past few years they've allowed numerous bars and pubs to open, and even a night club, but still refuse to update the codes for tattoo shops. We really want to be in our home town, a community that claims that they support artists. We want to run an upscale, high class shop. We are professionals. We also want to offer free art classes for the children in the community, and participate in community events (face paintings at local festivals in the village, etc). We can't do any of this without a business permit.
We have to present a formal presentation to the board on Sept 23.

Please help us convince the Patchogue Village Board of Trustees to change their codes.

We have started a Facebook page for now:
https://www.facebook.com/allowtattoostudioinpatchoguevillage

I'd really appreciate it if you'd all take the time to like, post and share the page.

We have also started a Change.org petition. Please sign and share this as well.:

https://www.change.org/petitions/th...utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition

Thanks!

Last edited:

FocusReefing

Just a podcaster from Queens
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Im in! My wife and I are in our late 20s both with full sleeves. I started when I was 17 and it havent stopped since! Tattoos arent just for bikers and ex-cons anymore! I think a studio that cares about community and presenting tattoos as another art form is a great idea, and I will definitely lend my support. Post up once you get that petition sorted out.

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
71   0   0
I remember the good old days when you had to accomplish something extraordinary before getting a tat, now its just to fit in. I still liked your FB page, just saying.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: