JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
looks like your on your way there shortly.....

Yes sir. My cousin(licensed electrician) will be doing the electrical in a couple of days. I'll be going back to the house on Friday. Im on LI taking care of some business and then I'll frame the wall and run the ductwork for the dust collector. After that I'll start building. It won't take long to become accustomed to all the tools.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Cousin installed the sub panel tonight and located the runs to where they're going to be hooked up. Now there's just the conduit, outlets and to hook them into the breakers in the panel and I'll have power. Hopefully this weekend I'll have everything all buttoned up and I can power the tools up. Can't wait. He complained a bit. He hadn't realized how big the basement was. For the 3 runs he ran 250ft. worth of wire lol.

null_zpsf25f1d5d.jpg

null_zps2063390d.jpg

null_zps2c799305.jpg

null_zpsfde41732.jpg

jdino

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jimmy, back when my dad moved out of his house into a condo, we set up his shop in my garage. He was an accomplished wood worker but his was an electrical engineer as a profession. So we set up the wiring in the garage. I say we, his brains my brawn. His health was starting to fail at the time so it was great for both of us to work on this project together. Because I had young kids he was worried one of them might try out the equipment without supervision. He installed a key switch between the main circuit breaker and the sub box he installed. Long story but thought you might want to know about the key switch. With the key switch installed no one can turn on your equipment without your knowledge. Btw the electrical inspector was impressed.

Last edited:

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Jimmy, back when my dad moved out of his house into a condo, we set up his shop in my garage. He was an accomplished wood worker but his was an electrical engineer as a profession. So we set up the wiring in the garage. I say we, his brains my brawn. His health was starting to fail at the time so it was great for both of us to work on this project together. Because I had young kids he was worried one of them might try out the equipment without supervision. He installed a key switch between the main circuit breaker and the sub box he installed. Long story but thought you might want to know about the key switch. With the key switch installed no one can turn on your equipment without your knowledge. Btw the electrical inspector was impressed.

If I ever have kids I'll probably have the same thing installed but as of now I'm only in company of adults except for my cousins 10 year old son. If any adult tries to touch my tools without permission maybe they'll lose a digit. If they do I'll drive them to the hospital the whole time reminding them that this is what happens when you know you shouldn't be touching another mans tools and don't fully concentrate because you're nervous about being caught lol.

I'm glad you got to do some projects with your dad. That's what wood shops are all about. Enjoying the time in it.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Took a 50 hour 6 day course with a custom furniture maker. Was a great class and gained a wealth of knowledge. We each received rough lumber - 3 boards and had to lay out how were going to cut them to what we needed to build or project, a hallway table. First pics aren't my boards, it's how they all looked condition wise we had already cut them to length. The other 2 pics are my finished table. Now I just have to stain it.

Very happy both with my table and the amount I learned this week. Priceless.

null_zpsae06e709.jpg

null_zps69fd2a0b.jpg

null_zps4fea4e05.jpg

null_zps25e36aa4.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: