JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Well, been pretty busy among other things building the wood shop in the basement. All the tools except the scroll saw, lathe, drill press and router/table are grizzly. They're all heavy as heck and were a bit of a challenge getting them down to the basement being I did it 95% on my own. The only 2 left are the planer which is in the garage and the table saw(left grizzlys facility today) but the planer is 678lbs and the table saw is 703 altogether so I'll be renting a skid steer to hoist it into the Bilco doors and lower them with a chain hoist to get them down. Pretty soon I'll be able to build whatever I want with actual attention to detail which is all but lost now a days. I'll update with pics as the progress continues. Once the table saw and planer are in I'll decide final placement, run the 220 lines and the ductwork for the dust collector. Sorry about the fuzziness on the one side of all the pics. This iPhone has been through hell and submerged into a pool. It's camera is pretty shot.

null_zps591ca2b8.jpg

null_zpsed831d07.jpg

null_zps675209b0.jpg

null_zps8729bc4f.jpg

null_zpsc071646f.jpg

null_zps84487f4f.jpg

jdino

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jimmy it looks great. I have so much of my Dads equipment and tools I am not going to use. Send me a pm if you are looking for anything I might be able to help. All the stuff you have I'm looking to sell. Plus some woodworking tools.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Way to clean you should get some sawdust and just sprinkle it around for now!

Lol. For now I've only used the scroll saw and drill press. Table saw shipped today so it should all be laid out in a couple of days to a week from now. Then I'm sure it will be somewhat dusty but I'm a freak when it comes to tool and shop cleanliness. Too easy to slip and get hurt with a clean floor, nevermind with built up sawdust on it.

A couple of jigsaw puzzles I did so far. Pretty easy stuff:

null_zps749325ce.jpg

null_zps6fc6cd7d.jpg

null_zps3a443bfe.jpg

null_zps7348b50e.jpg

Jimmy it looks great. I have so much of my Dads equipment and tools I am not going to use. Send me a pm if you are looking for anything I might be able to help. All the stuff you have I'm looking to sell. Plus some woodworking tools.

Thanks very much!! I'm always up for clamps and hand planes and sanders. Me me know what ya got. Good luck selling it all. I know it can be hard to find buyers for things that are worth good money.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Nice Pen. How hard are the puzzles to make? I assuming that was all on the scroll saw.

Thanks. They're not too hard if you use the right blades. Yes on the scroll saw. I find it much easier to do the puzzles with a spiral blade. No turning the piece to follow the lines, you just push the wood at different angles.

Takes a little getting used to though. They're just time consuming. Shop will be up and running 100% next week. Can't wait to start building furniture and stands. Workbench gets built first though.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
+1 on the pen!
Do you sell the puzzles? They look awesome.

Thanks so much! I won't be selling puzzles until I get better on the scroll saw. There are some imperfections you can't see in the photos. Eventually in the very near future I'll have some up for sale.

Anything I'll ever sell to anyone I want to have perfected or I won't feel comfortable charging money for it. I'm a picky person on build quality of what I buy and will be the same way as a seller.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Got the table saw and planer in the other day. Rented a bobcat with forks and used a chain hoist to lower the tools down the Bilco stairs into the basement. Worked like a charm:

null_zps4c4db120.jpg

null_zps2e4cf6de.jpg

null_zps7b687b29.jpg

null_zps6b1586de.jpg

null_zpsebe66c3a.jpg

Now to run the 220 lines and frame a quick wall to separate the shop from the rest of the basement and it'll officially be up and running.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: