C

Cu455

Pro or not, I highly recommend a helmet. I've seen plenty of "pros" out there wearing just a winter hat. They think it's 'cool', but IMO, it's really dumb... I've seen a lot of these people wipe out and i'm pretty sure they wished they wore helmets afterwards...

I agree that wearing a helmet is a smart thing to do. It won't help you 99% of the time but that one time it does it will save your life. Just like a seatbelt. It is not going to do anything most of the time. That one time you need it you will be happy your wore it. It's something I always say I am going to get, but never do.

I am sure some people might think it's dorky not to wear one. A lot of people it's out of habit. It's just something people never did and aren't looking change their ways. Helmets have only became popular a few years ago. It is gaining popularity fast. It wouldn't surprise me if resorts start requiring them.

Last edited by a moderator:

dadat1968

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
I have been snowboarding for years ... Sometimes i don't wear helmet.. One day i fell and hit my head. Had a concussion
went to get an MIR scan.. After that helmet all the time. Good piece of mind.

Last edited:
Wrist guards and pads???

Toughen up dude!!!!

Haha I'm good. I'm one of those that would rather be safe than sorry kind of people. Not to mention, I wore wrist guards last year and I found them to be pretty comfortable and I still fall enough where I would rather have them then not. I also know I want knee pads this winter because I fell on pretty hard on ice last year and it hurt, plus my knees aren't the greatest from playing soccer.

The board is nice. What kind is it? What kind of bindings did you get?

I don't wear any pads but have been thinking about getting a helmet. You will probably ditch the wrist guards quick. They are great for learning but just become a hassle after that. Get good gloves, socks, a face mask and don't fall.

I go by the less is more theory. I just wear what is necessary to keep me from freezing and get me down the hill.

It's a DC XFB Snowboard, kinda old but it was $100 new so I figured it was ok for my first board, the guy at the shop thought it was a good idea. I definitely spent more on boots and bindings which I love what I went with. I got K2 boots and Ride bindings. The K2 boots were definitely the most comfortable boots I tried on and I tried on about 5-6 pairs. The Ride bindings I liked because of the full aluminum body rather than some that had a plastic bottom, not a big fan of that at least in terms of durability.

I have decent gloves, North Face Montana gloves that I got last year along with some Dragon goggles. No face mask though. In terms of pants and jackets, I dressed very heavily the first day I went last year to find out it was way too much but I brought lighter stuff just in case. I like to ride with one pair of sweatpants and my North Face snowpants and a sweatshirt with either my North Face steeptech or hyvent jacket, also got a North Face beenie hat just so I'm not direct with the helmet.

C

Cu455

Rating - 98.9%
180   2   0
The resorts are opening early this year, understandably. Belleayre is opening this weekend and Killington already opened.

What a beautiful sight.

hires_snow_acc_neng_20.png

NYS-Thruway-DOT-Cameras-10am--4--jpg.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: