Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I am very excited about this one, about half finished. This picture doesn't yet have the lights on it but it will have three. I found this phone box Circa 1940 on Etsy. I actually bought three different ones and will get some more. I have almost all of the parts and will finish it this week. The large tuner on the right will turn on two of the vintage bulbs and another antique switch will turn on and dim the other bulb.

Last edited:

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I just finished this one and like all the others, this is my favorite and the most difficult to build. The base is a telephone box from 1940. The vintage radio tuner on the right turns on the lights in the glass. The light on top has it's own switch. The "tube" on top has a red LED in it to look like it's on. The electric and electronics are in a metal, electrical box inside so it's legal and not a fire hazard because you can't wire in wood.
All I have left on it is to install an antique cord which I have. It's hard to see the lamp filaments but they are hand wound filaments and look very cool.

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
This one is about half completed. You can see the tubes light up. The crank mechanism was originally inside the box and it was used in 1920 as a telephone call box. It had a phone on top and when you cranked it, the bell would ring at a switchboard somewhere and you told the operator who you wanted to be connected with. I re built the mechanism and the generator now works. I am not sure yet what cranking the thing will do but it will certainly do something.
Of course it will have a large Vintage bulb on top with a cage and probably other things I have not designed yet. It will also have a gauge in front. I love this thing.

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
That will be my last Steam Pun lamp for a while. I am working on a Steam Punk angler fish that so far is coming out very well but it is a real pain to build. I am designing as I go along and get all excited when I complete another step.
It will be electrified but am not sure it can be called a lamp. I am not sure what it will be called, probably scrap metal but I will see. :)

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
New SteamPunk "light thing" angler fish is completed.
Now I need to know which one people feel is nicer so I can keep it, the other one will be sold at the art show.
I can't decide.
I am designing a porcupine fish but am still having some difficulties with the design.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: