Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Ligershark, you should come to the art show in August. :cool:

I am building a porcupine fish but I am still in the designing stage. I have most of the parts and even the parts for the spines but I still have to make each one individually and there will be about 70 of them. It may be very cool or a piece of scrap metal in my garbage. I am not sure yet as there are a lot of details to figure out. :scratch:

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I just finished another lamp made out of a 1910 telephone call box. The red valve handle turns it on and the brass thing in the right rear is a vintage lawn sprinkler.
They keep moving the art show back so I will be selling some of these soon. Yesterday I got a call from my town and they want me to display them at an 800 persons Veterans event at a park on a beach here on Long Island. It should be fun.

Last edited:

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
My town was having a Salute to the Armed Forces and they asked me as a Veteran to come and display my Steam Punk stuff for the event. It was on the beach and very cool. There was also about 50 vintage cars there as well as bands etc.
That's the first time I wore my Dog Tags in almost 50 years. I am surprised I found them

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Now that I am moving soon, I need to sell all these lamps so I put some of them on Etsy. I will list the rest of them as soon as I get time as it is a little of a pain to list them there as you need to weigh them, fill out a big form and describe the thing. I do want to keep 2 of the fish though. I can't part with this porcupine fish and I will be building more of them a little different soon I hope.

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
All my Steampunk pieces sold today to an art gallery in Manhattan except for two fish that I wanted to keep for myself. I am very happy that I don't have to move them to my new home and I can start building new ones as now I have an outlet and the gallery will take whatever I make. A couple of pieces almost sold as I was bringing them into the gallery as two people wanted them even before they priced them so I am happier than my wildest dreams. Well, maybe not my wildest dreams as that would need a flounder, bowling pin, left rear tire from a 1957 Studebaker and a piece of meat loaf from Lady GaGa's dress. :rolleyes:

Here is my wife with one of my pieces on the counter in the Gallery. She is my spokesmodel. :D

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: