Recovering Lurker
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
1253.jpg

Liz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
*99 bottles of beer on the wall... FIVE MORE DAYS!!!!
OH YEah! BABY!

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    298.9 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

daisy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Dave -- AWESOME!!!!

Personally, I have never been drunk.

It's not a pride thing - I think it's a control thing.

I'm afraid of what I would do if I ever was drunk.

Drink alone? No fun. Drink with others?

I'm so sure i'd cross boundaries that are hard enough not to cross sober.

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Dave -- AWESOME!!!!

Personally, I have never been drunk.

It's not a pride thing - I think it's a control thing.

I'm afraid of what I would do if I ever was drunk.

Drink alone? No fun. Drink with others?

I'm so sure i'd cross boundaries that are hard enough not to cross sober.

:eek: what do you do on purim and passover ,we jewish ppl have to drink on those days :D If i remeber its a mitzva to get drunk on those hoildays.shabbot too no?

daisy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Good points.

Once I tried to drink four real-size cups on passover... seemed very safe, since i was with family only... but i got so sick before there was any good feeling of drunk that I said,

HEY - THIS SUCKS.

Purim? I have seen some very respectable people do some stupid-arse things IN SHUL drunk. I can't do that. So that is one mitsvah I simply can't do. But I also can't father children, so I'm not going to lose sleep over this one. Anyway, it's rabbinic and I think they were just trying to write a law to let them enjoy the booze one more day a year "sanctioned..."

I can just hear them coming home to their wives after writing this one in teh Talmud -- "...but honey, it's a LAAAAAAWWWWW now..... "

Shabbat? I say kiddush, have a sip and feel wiped out.

....maybe there's something wrong with me?

On the other hand, a good mojito is well-appreciated. I just stop before I feel sick, tired or ..... um....... drunk, I guess.

I am not saying I would never get drunk if I was in a situation where I felt that losing control a bit would not be so bad. That situation has never arisen. And there is still the sick thing. And the tired thing. How do you get around that?

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Good points.

Once I tried to drink four real-size cups on passover... seemed very safe, since i was with family only... but i got so sick before there was any good feeling of drunk that I said,

HEY - THIS SUCKS.

Purim? I have seen some very respectable people do some stupid-arse things IN SHUL drunk. I can't do that. So that is one mitsvah I simply can't do. But I also can't father children, so I'm not going to lose sleep over this one. Anyway, it's rabbinic and I think they were just trying to write a law to let them enjoy the booze one more day a year "sanctioned..."

I can just hear them coming home to their wives after writing this one in teh Talmud -- "...but honey, it's a LAAAAAAWWWWW now..... "

On the other hand, a good mojito is well-appreciated. I just stop before I feel sick, tired or ..... um....... drunk, I guess.

I am not saying I would never get drunk if I was in a situation where I felt that losing control a bit would not be so bad. That situation has never arisen. And there is still the sick thing. And the tired thing. How do you get around that?

nothing is worng with ya :hug: i dont drink much either ,if you notice i never posted here :D I can take a shot or 2 ,but thats it .I hate that hungover feeling the next day ,so drinking is not my cup of tea :rolleyes:

tony is the real drinker on the board his been drunk everyday since this thread started :lol2:

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Good points.

HEY - THIS SUCKS.

I love Passover wine lol. I look forward to it every year.

In any case, just for the jews here... lol... Getting drunk on Purim isnt a mitzvah. The mitzvah is only to drink more than you usually drink on a daily basis. So if you dont drink on a daily basis then having a single cup of wine on purim fulfills ones obligation. It actually says that its prohibited to get drunk, ever, since it leads to crap like adultury.

Shabbat... you dont need wine, you could drink grape juice for kiddush. It doesnt have to be alcoholic ...........

That of course doesnt mean that i dont condone drinking at all.............................................. :cheers:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: