Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Recently there have been many posts that have included members Addresses, and phone numbers (usually cell phone numbers).

This is not to chastise anyone who has posted but to remind everyone that even though MR is a nice community :hug: we are still located on the world wide web and others are watching us :Lurking:. With mapquest and google it is too easy to find out where you live and even get directions right to your front door.

The only people who should be posting any information are sponsors, stores and vendors for their business.

Please keep your private info to PM's and Reefberry's if you can. I would hate for someone to have problems from posting their private information, after all it is private information :)

Davidl919

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Thanks Chief for the reminder... and to all members, don't pass it off as just talk.. it is a reality. I was a victim of a home invasion 2 years ago... innocently fixing xbox's from home and allowing people I met on the web to come to my place... a 17 year old liked what he saw and planned his robbery with two others.. cut short there was violence.. I lost.. one of them lost.. and it could have been avoided.

drperetz

No more big tanks
Rating - 100%
30   0   0

U are right aobut that.

i know at least 1 reefer who had to move out of Brooklyn due to robery of his entire live stock and his equipment....
Be careful.

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Recently there have been many posts that have included members Addresses, and phone numbers (usually cell phone numbers).

This is not to chastise anyone who has posted but to remind everyone that even though MR is a nice community :hug: we are still located on the world wide web and others are watching us :Lurking:. With mapquest and google it is too easy to find out where you live and even get directions right to your front door.

The only people who should be posting any information are sponsors, stores and vendors for their business.

Please keep your private info to PM's and Reefberry's if you can. I would hate for someone to have problems from posting their private information, after all it is private information :)

:bump:

P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
If they don't mind saying hello to smith and wesson, then it's fine by me.

I am going to be like ink and just meet them outside. lol

ECFENCING

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Chief is right. It's all too easy to get personal info. I recently googled my username and found some posts that I made as well as other members' posts.

Three links came up-2 on reefcentral and one on MR.

reefman

Chairman of the board
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Frag seller
gangster_costumes1.jpg

Pinkheine

No More Room :-(
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
It is far too easy to track and see anything and everything about people via the net.

And it is far to easy for people to get comfortable using the net to chat with others as if they would in person (or for some they get "cyber balls":type:).

This thread :scratchchshould be a sticky.

jejton

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I dont mean to be overly dramatic but in case people think Chief is blowing things out of proportion, remember the story last year that happened with a pregnant woman being killed for her unborn baby by a member of a dachsund owner's listserv on which they were both members. I'm sure many more things happen that manage to stay under the radar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: