Liz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
PM or not to PM tis the question...

C'mon people listen to the man...
EXERCISE CAUTION!

thumbnail.aspx

and remember only you can prevent forest fires!

ocholoco

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99%
96   1   0
hey

The man is right and he has a point, but i still want to see my pit bull in action so please can some just show up.

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Here is a :bump: for you.

Old thread, still has a point. Please be wary of who you let into your house, where you post your address, where you post your phone number, and remember this is the WORLD WIDE WEB.

I don't care how tough you are, what size dog you have, if you are a 5th degree black belt, a trained assassin, how many kills you rack up in COD, or how many guns you have. People who aren't on the up and up research things like this and find a weak spot. They then exploit the weakness and good people suffer from it. Protect yourself and your families.

richardhmc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I don't care how tough you are, what size dog you have, if you are a 5th degree black belt, a trained assassin, how many kills you rack up in COD, or how many guns you have.

damn! but surely I can use my skillz in real life! :tongue1:

but yeah on serious note, its not just on here, but anywhere you give out personal information, especially facebook. I have friends who get a lot of random friend requests, and they stupidly accept since it increases their number of friends.

I hide all my shiz.

DEL

reef guy in jc
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
thats also why i love the reefer rating system..i can kind of know who i can trust..also..i always make sure to have someones cell and i call it to make sure it really is that person..

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
Don't Post your phone number in Forums

I have seen people who post their phone numbers in a public forum. Worse I have seen people's phone numbers and their FULL NAME. That is a recipe for disaster!

It is very easy for someone to find out where you live with your full name, phone number, and Town you live in.

In my line of work I am able to track people down very easily with minimal information, but it is even easier when someone puts their real info out there in public.

Keep your personal information to PM's

Only my 2 cents!

richardhmc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
agreed. It's nice we have a community here and can feel like we can safely give our info to others but people just post up their number on threads. like call me "xxx-xxxx". most people will disregard it and move along but then along comes a crazy one...

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
agreed. It's nice we have a community here and can feel like we can safely give our info to others but people just post up their number on threads. like call me "xxx-xxxx". most people will disregard it and move along but then along comes a crazy one...

Yep. But realize that any google search will show phone numbers also. Just put in a phone number that you find in a forum and BAM you will get every time that somone posts that number and from there it goes on and on.

I have used this method many times to clear jobs that I work on. If I can use it for good things, just remember that there are bad people out there.

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
I have seen people who post their phone numbers in a public forum. Worse I have seen people's phone numbers and their FULL NAME. That is a recipe for disaster!

It is very easy for someone to find out where you live with your full name, phone number, and Town you live in.

In my line of work I am able to track people down very easily with minimal information, but it is even easier when someone puts their real info out there in public.

Keep your personal information to PM's

Only my 2 cents!

Agreed!!!

Additected To MR =D Lol

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
always important, thats why there is a sticky i believe on this subject...

and pictures with licence plates

or showing personal information or pictures in the background. like when people take pictures of their tank, and on the side of that picture, not ment to be in it but is, could show in the background a family picture or documents. you never know. always crop or blur out

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Some people still feel safe online, but those times are long gone. The true is even people with no access to tracking software can easily find info about someone. Google works just fine. A little off-topic, but remember the scene from one of Bourne's trilogy when Matt Damon is looking up some information using google and not some fancy spy software- killer movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: