145   2   0
here'S another good spot:

http://www.sterlingbedbreakfast.com/

room1.jpg

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
well, africa, and asia have been voted out due to the time we have.

Brooklyn looks real nice Ink, but I don't speak the language, and I hear the dollar sucks now, but keep coming up with those great suggestions.

The California Coast is nice, but my friends from cali so that won't work.

Now I'm looking at Central and South America, Venezuela, Ecuador, Belize, and Costa Rica are on the short list.

regarding the Galapagos, can't we have one spot on the planet that we don't mess up? The islands have been put on several endangered lists due to people visiting them, ironically people most concerned about the environment.

Last edited:

jejton

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
If you scuba dive, check out the Bay Islands - Roatan, Utilla - in Honduras. They are the cheapest, yet one of the best, dive places and the islands are English speaking as they were original English colonies.

wxl14

Wexel
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fly to texas rent a car and Drive through mexico. Bring camping gear. Drive along the cost. Your sure to have fun. Or check out baja Cali. 3K US is tuff budget. But a camping trip in mexico will save you on flight money. You can rent a car or jeep for cheap. Have fun on the beach and just go beach hoping. Bring beer. An keep 5 or 10 bucks in your pocket at all times so you can bribe the mexican police incase you get pulled over. "?Puedo pagar ahora?" Then show the 5 bucks. Usually works for me.

leoskee

Rating - 100%
11   0   0

That is funny as hell.

My input on this:

If you had the time Thailand would the place to go.

Being that you are limited, Ive heard the Belize is a beautiful place to visit. On top of that they have greate diving spots to explore.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Fly to texas rent a car and Drive through mexico. Bring camping gear. Drive along the cost. Your sure to have fun. Or check out baja Cali. 3K US is tuff budget. But a camping trip in mexico will save you on flight money. You can rent a car or jeep for cheap. Have fun on the beach and just go beach hoping. Bring beer. An keep 5 or 10 bucks in your pocket at all times so you can bribe the mexican police incase you get pulled over. "?Puedo pagar ahora?" Then show the 5 bucks. Usually works for me.

I thought 3K would be a decent amount for a 10 day trip, if it only buys you camping on the beach in mexico I'm going to have to up the budget :arg:

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
J,

try this site: Booktripnow.com

The president's name is Jeffry S. Dykes. The company is run by a husband and wife team that specialize in unorthodox travel packages (touring private wine vineyards in France, or cheese farms etc.). Try shooting them an email, discussing your travel idea, and perhaps you might get a better answer than Ink's smartass posts.

I talked to the husband and wife duo during an oysterfest last spring in Grand Central.

Last edited:

GQ22

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
LOL great post ink with the beast...that is soo ghetto. I dont think any sensible new yorker would ever ridde that thing. Tourist trap central.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I wonder how much the Beast is going to cost this summer? that thing must burn some serious fuel.

thanks Q, I'll look into it :)

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
I'd stay local,,,, somewhat and check out The Berkshires... Nothing like the open woods and just slowing down and eating... Nice to veg-out next to a lake for lunch... Or cook out in the open with wood briquets for dinner... And a 3.5in steak of the best you can get...
I do.. lol

LeslieS

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I stayed on Ambergris Cay in Belize about 10 years ago. At that time, it was still a little rustic. The "sports aka only bar" had a dirt floor and a television with foil on top. The sport depended on what channel they could recieve that day. Even then, the locals said the reefs and the fish and conch population were declining. I would get some info from someone who has been there recently.

russianmd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Consider Argentina: it's a 10 hour direct flight to Buenos Aires, the dollar is still very strong there, the feel of the city itself is very European, but you can travel the countryside and see some amazing wonders as well (and stay within your budget!).

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/worldguide/argentina/

http://argentinastravel.com/destinations/top-10-destinations/

About Africa: I have been to Tanzania, Botswana, South Africa - beautiful, but soooo expensive to get to and from, and with only 10 days at least 2 whole days are going to be eaten up by the flights.

wxl14

Wexel
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The flights are the problem. Flights to south america right now are around 1,000 plus. Flight to central america are around 500 and up. That takes a big chunk of the budget. Plus then you have to think room and board. Room and board lets say is 100 to 150 a night for ten days. Your looking at going over 3000 easy. If you need any help with anything. Just let me know where you want to go. I will call my amex and have them find the cheapest prices for you. let me know.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: