Status
Not open for further replies.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
an email i just got from someone in times square

12:40 am
Just wanted to share the mood and the crowd here at Times Square unbelievable amount of people outside in times square, whole crowd erupted, people crying, hugging, traffic at one point just stopped - people getting out of taxis and hugging, horns honking. Kind of amazing!

reefman

Chairman of the board
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
128699303628321411.jpg

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
This is histroic moment.

The record show up in the vote is a direct reflection how much we want to support our idea, values and how much we don't like the current state.

This is the most touching event I have seen lately in politics in NY when you see how many reacted when they hear the new president is elected.

Last election, I did not see the same except partisans.

Last edited:

muntai

CEO
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
getting a tax cut is the least of my worries. i'm more worry on creating new jobs,fixing the corruptions,deregulated wall st,exporting our jobs,the iraq war,etc...
and i believe 52% of us picked the right person for the job.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
getting a tax cut is the least of my worries. i'm more worry on creating new jobs,fixing the corruptions,deregulated wall st,exporting our jobs,the iraq war,etc...

I agree wholeheartedly, I hope those who voted for McCain listen to what he said in his speech last night, that we all need to come together and unite.
And then listen to what Obama said in that we all need to stand up and help fix what's been broken. He's not going to be able to do anything positive if we sit on the sidelines. :usa1:

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
adding my details in red
getting a tax cut is the least of my worries. i'm more worry on creating new jobs(hope this time our government knows what to do, in the past, a wrong way to do this is to increase government spending which only increase the deficit),fixing the corruptions(this has to be from the grounds up-accountability, corruption of abusing authority-in fact, this kind of corruption is so severe in NYC that it is almost as terrible as some communist countries that our government has been accusing), deregulated wall st(aargh, this has been the thing next to my mouth everytime I met up with my friends in that realm of the world-they hated me for accusing them as money draculas-they love me though for being fun to have around),exporting our jobs(I just hate to speak to customer service rep. that they cannot understand me nor me understanding them),the iraq war(Don't even mention this one. Since day one of it, I am TOTALLY against the idea, the so call proof, the fake looks of the speakers persuading other people going to war...just too many to list...the thing most sadden me is that I know war will kill and more than half a million people died for this stupid war-to me whoever caused so many to die is a DEVIL),etc...

Last edited:

Tim

Tim`s Aquatics
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
The people who are going to pay the most are the middle class. The money has to come from somewhere so get ready. The last time we had a Dem. in office(Clinton) he turned his head on the bombing of the USS Cole and let the murder`s get away with it. I am not happy about the war but have we as American`s been safer in our country thanks to the increased inteligence and diligence of our armed force`s? Let us not forget what was done on 9-11 over 3000 innocent american`s murdered. We can not let our guard down or it will happen again.I hope I am wrong but I don`t want to tell the people that voted for "change" I told you so. We don`t need another Clinton that is why we are in the mess we are in right now........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: