masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
You can do it! I stopped on the 19th of this month COLD TURKEY...day 7 and going strong!!! I think i really got it kicked because I had a few beers yesterday and still didn't smoke...

I did the math between myself & my wife:

2 packs a day --- $20.00

for the week --- $140.00

for the month -- $ 560.00

for the year --- $ 6720.00 a year saved

Good luck John. Damn, that's some serious cash. My wife and I should START smoking so we can quit and save some money :shhh:

swimmer

BTW, I hope everybody here is successful in their quest. Do it for your kids and family.....but most importantly, for yourselves.

nick96ss

That thing got a HEMI ?
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
i quit 2 years ago ,been smoking since i was 13 quit at 42, 2 packs plus a day. i was so bad i had a pneumonia with a collapsed lung and still smoked. my parents and wife begged me to quit it ment nothing till my 2 year old asked me to quit .i threw them away and never looked back ......good luck to all of you who want to quit

jejton

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Good luck. Forget the money you'll save by not buying cigarettes. Thats bupkus compared to what you'll save in healthcare costs. You should try to talking to your doctor as there are non-nicotine based meds that can help you along and its not a sign of weakness to use them. Just stay out of the Cigars thread. They're just as bad.

griMReefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dude get well soon,

i used to smoke a pack a day for several months after a really bad breakup, however jan 1 2009 i quit cold turkey.

havent had a cig since then, but i might have a few drags eventually, esp in the summer whenever i have a drink.

hope the cyst is just an non-cancerous anomoly, as they usually are.

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
It was very easy for me to quit and that was over 40 years ago when I was about 20 and cigarettes were free (In Viet Nam) all you wanted

I walked out of the firebase to get the mail from a friend who was a helocopter piolot.
He just landed and the rotors were still spinning. We were about 75 yards from the treeline and someone started shooting at us. A couple of rounds hit the hoelcopter and I started running while he took off.
I was carrying a large sack of mail that was about 100lbs and I was afraid to drop it because I figured it would give me some protection. I made it the 50 yards to the sandbag perimeter and dove over. I started spitting up black stuff that was just disquesting. That was when I was in the best shape of my life. I never smoked again.
It was probably the best thing that ever happened to me

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: