duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
well i found a lump on my back and it felt like it was pressing up against my lungs.i was so freaking scared i went to the doc today.i swore if it was nothing i would quit smoking..well its just a large sist so first thing tomorrow i will puchase something to help me quit.i do not want the next time to be the real thing.

Keith P

Mr. No-Show
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Good luck! I'm down to 1 a day. I'll be a quiter any day now..

Just be conscious of you triggers. For some it's going to the b-room, eating, waking up, etc.
For me it was getting in the car. One on the way to work, one one way back. I don't bring cigs in the car any more.

You'll find yourself talking away in your head, trying to convince yourself that one more won't hurt. Just have strength and you'll get through it..

Pinkheine

No More Room :-(
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Sending some power of will and good vibes your way to make this a successful life change. I am hoping to attend this swap this year and spend more time "inside" than "outside" puffing away.

It's been far too many years, far too much money.. just think of all the extra hobby money you'll have :) (I've known people that have taken month long vacations on the money they saved on smokes for six months)

My one and only vice has always been a cigarette. I think it is a disgusting, stinky habit but I am so weak when it comes to stopping, even through all the knowing how terrible it is and what a waste of money it is etc.
Congratulations on your decision to stop. :groupflip
May I also be able to say one day... now is the time...

flipit13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
good luck and just remember the smoking urge only lasts for 10 seconds if you could think of something different for thos ten seconds you will be an EX-Smoker.....

Wolverine57

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.4%
246   4   0
You can quit if you really want to!
One day I was getting these pains on my chest on the right side, it was getting me nervous. So for a New Years resolution 3+ years I gave it up and do not miss it. I smoked a pack a day for 30 years. I did it cold turkey. Just take it one day at a time....you can do it!

TimberTDI

Recovering Lurker
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I think cold turkey is the best way to do it. Tomorrow is eight months tht I quit. I think using nicotine based quiting solutions don't work because you never get the nicotine out of your system.

I quit when I realized that for the whole month of July 08 I was going into my third pack of cigarettes at 6am (I work nights). So one Saturday, after 20 years of smoking I called it quits.

My advice is to chew on anything cinnamon. Dentyne and Altoids work great, use them till you can't feel your tongue and the insides of your cheek.

Good Luck,
Steven

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Congratulations!!!! Most importantly, your children will thank you...they will get to grow up with their daddy. My mother smoked....and aside from dying younger than she should have, the years of being exposed to all her smoke left me very sensitive to cigarette's ...I can't even be outdoors around smokers..just talking with a smoker can lead me to my inhaler. So good job...I know you can make it!

greggnyce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I quit 3.5 years ago. I smoked since I was 14, I quit when I turned 30. Best desicion I ever made. I will tell you this though, you will not notice an increase in money due to quiting, especially if you have a tank.lol. Best of Luck and go cold turkey those products wont remove the habit just change it.

bueller

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
You can do it! I stopped on the 19th of this month COLD TURKEY...day 7 and going strong!!! I think i really got it kicked because I had a few beers yesterday and still didn't smoke...

I did the math between myself & my wife:

2 packs a day --- $20.00

for the week --- $140.00

for the month -- $ 560.00

for the year --- $ 6720.00 a year saved

you can do it, what i do as soon as i get a craving I think about something else and it passes in about 30 to 45 seconds.

that's how it works for me

GOOD LUCK!!

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I've been smoking for 24 years 2&1/2 packs a day.
I have to say you guys really inspired me. It's nice to know that im not alone in this.
I have tried to quit 1000 times. I go to bed at night swearing that this is it, and when I stop for coffee on my way to work, I buy 3 packs of cigs at a whopping 24 bucks.
Last week my friend Lada, at work, got this thing called an electronic cigarette, he didnt really want to quit, so he let me use it for the day.
I worked 14 hours that day and did not smoke 1 cig. So on my way home from work last night. I went to roosvelt field and pick one of these things up. The cost $$ does not even matter.
Well I am happy to say It is 10:15 now and I have been up since 7:00 and I have not had 1 cigarette. Usually I would have been up to about 8-10. (I know crazy right).
I hope this works because the thought of me not dancing with my daughter on her wedding day makes me feel like breaking down in tears.
So people keep posting on your progress because I know I cant do this alone.
Thanks for listening, and good luck everbody, Stay Strong

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: