• Upgrade from XP

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Keeping old OS

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
You can download the photoshop software for free awilda =0) I'll tell you how and save you a few hundred $$.

And yeah i just updated two days ago to Win 7 from XP. I actually did a clean install with windows 7 on brand new hard drives set in raid with the Upgrade version using a simple Registry edit to bypass the windows 7 installation check for a previous version already installed when activating. Works like a charm, and saved myself about 100$ on a full version that was a copy of the upgrade minus a few different sentences on the licensing agreement.

By the way, there is a fix for the memory hog issue with windows 7 and its Aero interface, but it takes away all the eye candy that it provides. Turns into the boring windows XP interface. But if its speed and memory usage your looking for its worth it. The system runs perfectly fine with no hiccups with the standard 2.4-2.9 processor, 2-4 gig ram, and a barebones 500mb graphics card that should be a standard everyone is using anyways.

And it was amazingly easy to do an install with a raid setup with windows 7, no floppy drive, no slipstreaming a new installation CD with raid txt base drivers. The installation didn't even blink doing it. Alot better than using a floppy drive just to get Raid set up during the windows installation.

Also, for people looking to get an extremely discounted price on windows 7 can always go for the student version for 29$ or so. Don't give microsoft unnecessary extra $$ after their whole licensing change they did going to windows 7. There is no reason this version should cost more than 50$. Its Vista fixed and done the way it should have been the first time.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: