Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Keeping old OS

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters

ZANYMASTER

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
410   0   0
How many are planning to do the upgrade from Vista or are planning to?I know doing a clean install is probably the best way but I plan to keep my files and it's a pain to re-install stuff and getting serials and such.Thoughts?

Last edited:

reefman

Chairman of the board
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
i had windows 7 beta last year, it was nice. lacking drivers support but nice.
i'm using the win 7 ultimate now for a few weeks, with much more driver support. u may wanna install it as a 2nd os dual boot to be safe.

pmui

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
clean install.

I've been using Windows 7 fina RC. for about 4 months no problems on running any programs yet. I currenlty have a dual boot to Vista.

Also for there hackers/techies anyone try Vista eternity?

Galantra

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I currently have Windows 7 ultimate on one of my PC its ok I miss dreamscene though. No problems so far other than using MKV files my that could be manual error.

Pmui, I had a copy of Vista eternity hadn't get a chance to try it been looking for another myself. isn't not the same thing as vista Black or even titanium?

spacenyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
no upgrade from xp?

computer friends have been raving about 7. biggest drawback is it is a memory hog. i have nt heard you cant upgrade from xp, assume someone will figure out how to. i downgraded everything from vista back to xp pro and dont want to redo everything

Solace Aquatics LLC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I have had Win 7RC now for several months, so far, no bugs that I have been able to find. It runs great with all my hardware. Of all the Windows Operating Systems, this one is the smoothest thus far, but not as secure as Win2000 Pro

WikedTechniQuezZ

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Well word in the it industry, is that windows 7 is the best of windows xp and vista, put together, i have been using windows 7 for like 4 months and its great, but you definately need to upgrade some components.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
I am not at all knowledgeable on all this tech stuff, and especially all the tech talk.LOL
But I did upgrade all our laptops & desktop to Windows 7 a few days ago, and I tell you so far I love it.:splitspin
Prior to the hateful vista we had Windows Millenium, and the only reason I ended up with vista was that I got a new laptop, and could not get it without it.

I HATED VISTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only thing so far that I lost, and mis is the "Fix" option to my pics. Guess I'm purchasing a PhotoShop soft ware.:tongue1:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: