• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
This is going to be a tough series. I think there are going to be quite a few long balls. We're going to see a lot of C.C. and Lee.

The offense on both teams is staggering. The depth of the Yankees starting pitching is what I think is the tie breaker.

Game breakdown:
Yankees game 1 (Sabathia, very low scoring game 2-1?, 3-2?, 1-0?) series 1-0
Phillies game 2 (high scoring game with Burnett against Pedro) series 1-1
Yankees game 3 (Pettitte) series 2-1
Yankees game 4 (Sabathia) series 3-1
Phillies game 5 (I just don't have confidence isn Burnett's consistency) series 3-2
Yankees game 6 (Pettitte wins his sixth series clinching win for the Yanks 27th)

Yankees in 6

ocholoco

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99%
96   1   0
hey

This is going to be a great series, I'm a Mets fan but I'll say they play 7 games and the Yankees Beat Pedro Martinez in game 7 for the last time. lol... Now thats drama.

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
This is going to be a tough series. I think there are going to be quite a few long balls. We're going to see a lot of C.C. and Lee.

The offense on both teams is staggering. The depth of the Yankees starting pitching is what I think is the tie breaker.

Game breakdown:
Yankees game 1 (Sabathia, very low scoring game 2-1?, 3-2?, 1-0?) series 1-0
Phillies game 2 (high scoring game with Burnett against Pedro) series 1-1
Yankees game 3 (Pettitte) series 2-1
Yankees game 4 (Sabathia) series 3-1
Phillies game 5 (I just don't have confidence isn Burnett's consistency) series 3-2
Yankees game 6 (Pettitte wins his sixth series clinching win for the Yanks 27th)

Yankees in 6

+1 exactly!

Tangs Rule

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I like the Yankees in 7. I hope they go with this rotation:

Sabathia, Burnett, Pettite, Sabathia, Gaudin (cause Burnett on short rest would be scary), Pettite, Sabathia

Going to game 1 tomorrow, should be awesome!

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Ahem,CC was owned by Utley so there goes the win for game one but looking forward to game 2 vs Martinez.We should beat him.

I feel like CC pitched very well actually, and it's the Yank's offense that was 'owned' by Lee.

It would help if our offense could actually get on the board. How many pitches has Lee pitched tonight? 9 or less per inning it feels like, lol :givebeer:

oh, and WTF is going on with our bullpen? 79 pitchers, each for an out or 2? 4 runs in 2 innings..

And Joe Buck has GOT to GO! Terribly annoying person. He's said "Lee" 1034987kohy8965 times tonight. He's worse than Madden. "If he hadn't 'a just tackled him there, he'd still be running. and that would not be good for the defense."

Last edited:

TimberTDI

Recovering Lurker
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
As you know I may dislike the Yanks but I hate the Phillies.

With that said Phillies in 6.

Pedro throws a gem tomorrow night. Silencing "who's your daddy"
I bet that son of b***h throws a no hitter with the arm that the Wilpons paid to fix and rehab. :irked:

Steven

FaviaFreak

Aquarium Village
Rating - 93.6%
44   3   0
I love how Philly was being thrust into the underdog role in this series, everybody thinks it's the Yankees birth right to win the world series, especially Yankee fans... The Phillies are the defending world champs, not the Yankees, so they'll have to earn it...Phillies are grinders and have tons of power top to bottom in that line up...should go 7 games with Phillies taking back to back world championships, first NL team to do it since the big red machine of 75-76

Last edited:

Tangs Rule

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Got to give thanks to other people too. Johnny Damon had a very good game and a huge hit in the 9th. CC pitched well again even though he didn't have his best stuff.

It will be tough to wrap it up tonight against Lee.

Tangs Rule

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
He doesn't look quite as sharp tonight but with a 2 run lead tonight AJ will have to be perfect the rest of the way for the yanks to have a chance. It doesn't help that the Yankees have Molina and Burnett hitting tonight.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: