• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
All the mentioned apps/utilities would work. Personally I use LogMeIn Pro which is a paid service but its feature set allows me to connect to my clients and transfer the remote sessions to my engineers, if needed. However, as far as I know, the opposite end will either need to acknowledge the remote session or will be alerted of a remote inbound connection. Neither of which will make you a stealthy spy. To each their own...

Josh

in the coral sea...
Vendor
Rating - 100%
90   0   0
I have tried VNC before but I thought it couldn't be done on mac? I understand that vnc I can watch what they are doing but If i move the mouse, the mouse on the mac would move too.

VNC is the protocol used by Screen Sharing which is OSX's native screen viewing software, so it is built in, you just have to enable it.

Yes, if you move the mouse it will move on the screen.

MatthewScars

Guns, Razors, Knives.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
VNC is the protocol used by Screen Sharing which is OSX's native screen viewing software, so it is built in, you just have to enable it.

I was always a fan of dameware. But yeah, if its windows XP and you remote in, the mouse will move and thats a dead give away. I mean, if you have access to the computer just make a share of the C drive or something. someone without any computer EXP will have no idea what it is.

its a messy way of doing it, but whatever. (if you can get on their LAN)

oonycxwilloo

Vendor
Rating - 100%
163   0   0

So If I enable it on the mac, I can connect to the mac from another network? Do I have to do any port forwarding or Do I have to install dynDNS on the mac in order for it to work correctly?

reefman

Chairman of the board
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
if the mac is behind a router, u need to config port forward to that mac internal ip, ie..192.168.1.xxx i believe the default ports for vnc is 5900 for the client & 5800 for http. u can change these ports on custom config setting. these ports need to b open on both the router n mac. when u remote in, use the wan ip.i doubt u need to install dyndns since most ips will not change, unless u on a work network.

Last edited:

anthony27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.7%
88   3   0
very simple set up a log me in account on the somputer and I can walk you throught it also you can disable the greeting when you are connected in and no one knows the vnc is good but i think log me in is better so

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: