Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I can't wait. The preorder begins June 15. It's a big leap from my original 2G iPhone I have been using for the last 3+ years.

Front facing camera for video conferencing, super high resolution screen, 720p video camera, and 40% more battery life than 3GS all in a slimmer sleeker phone.

I havnt been this excited about a phone since the original iPhone release.

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
AT&T is the only service that works in my office...

Had Verizon for years...Not much different.

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I had verizon for many years, and since I always heard that other companies sucked I never switched. Until I came across the biggest POS phone verizon had and no one to help me with my problem. I patiently waited for the expiration on my contract and walked into an apple store and picked up a 3GS. I can honestly say that the service is good. Even in a few other countries where verizon did not work, my iPhone did. I have not had a problem, not at all. And as for the iPhone, very good product

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
That's why I left verizon. I had a POS phone that kept breaking. They wouldn't allow me to purchase a new phone without paying some rediculous price because I wasn't eligible for an "upgrade". I just wanted a decent phone that didn't break all the time.

I asked for a manager, he would not work with me. I threatened to leave Verizon to go buy an iPhone. He called me on my bluff so I paid the early termination fee and went to the apple store. I've never regretted that decision.

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
DrCooper said:
I want this phone however have to agree with those about At&t poor service. Here in nyc it is horrible where verizon is great!

why can't verizon get it already

Worked great for me when I was living there...still works great when I go back to visit.

Killerdrgn

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
That's why I left verizon. I had a POS phone that kept breaking. They wouldn't allow me to purchase a new phone without paying some rediculous price because I wasn't eligible for an "upgrade". I just wanted a decent phone that didn't break all the time.

I asked for a manager, he would not work with me. I threatened to leave Verizon to go buy an iPhone. He called me on my bluff so I paid the early termination fee and went to the apple store. I've never regretted that decision.

AT&T has the same "upgrade" policy as Verizon.

Verizon will have 4G deployed by the end of 2010, and AT&T will deploy somewhere by 2012. The way I see it you pay Verizon for infrastructure and you pay AT&T for pure profit.

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Killerdrgn said:
AT&T has the same "upgrade" policy as Verizon.

Verizon will have 4G deployed by the end of 2010, and AT&T will deploy somewhere by 2012. The way I see it you pay Verizon for infrastructure and you pay AT&T for pure profit.

Not exactly. AT&T is much more customer friendly in my experience.

Maybe Verizons 4G will be as fast as AT&T 3G. Verizon got crushed in an independant 3G speed test conducted by PC world recently.

http://venturebeat.com/2010/02/23/att-wins-pc-worlds-cross-country-mobile-speed-test/

Killerdrgn

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Uhh I just hope you realize that 4G is magnitudes faster than any 3G network, the same as 2G vs 3G. And AT&T is planning to deploy the same 4G LTE network that Verizon is already installing right?

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hopefully it's magnitudes higher because AT&Ts 3G speeds pretty much doubled Verizons

http://www.techgadgetsnews.com/4g-networks-not-much-faster-than-3g/

http://www.thetelecomblog.com/2010/06/05/t-mobile’s-3g-network-faster-than-sprint’s-4g-network/

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I love my iphone, don't get me wrong, but the droid OS base is gonna blow iphone out of the water in a few months. Its already head to head with whatever apple has to offer which is why they are releasing the iphone 4 so soon.

The 720p is a gimmick, your not really getting that, and the clarity and resolution is a minor bump up from the 3g which is not what they are stating. Theres a list of cons to the new 4g as well, one of the major ones is that ATT's 4g service isn't going to be available for a few months, and thats just what they said.

I was going to upgrade to the iphone 4 but after playing with an incredible im contemplating changing to verizon and getting the HTC. Verizon is making HUGE strides over ATT in expanding and offering more in the past few months.

Plus ATT just recently screwed all new iphone users with a 25$ a month charge for 2gigs of usage, which was unlimited before. Thank you Ipad and ATT greed.

Anyways, the iphone is just using a slightly improved OS, and they added a bunch of new toys for users when they should have did a huge overhaul to the iphones OS and processing power of the phone. The 4g is gonna last maybe 2-5 months before they offer a new iphone upgrade for people to buy.

Ryanr1212

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 71.4%
5   2   0
im excited about the iphone 4. im going to be getting it when it comes out. i have had every iphone and im really happy with them and this one even looks cooler. yes the screen can break but i treat my phones horribly and if i had any other phone the screen would have broken even if i did the same things. i cant wait!!

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
They did do a huge overhaul. The new processor is badass. The screen resolution, second to none. The video is true 720p by definition. Say goodbye Flip. Bigger battery. Better camera with flash. Front facing camera. New thinner casing/shape. In fact it's the biggest "overhaul" on a new iPhone ever.

The new OS looks amazing. Not sure what you read but sounds like typical unfounded apple hating.

I'm not sure what you mean by the 4g statement. iPhone 4 is not a 4g device.

The didn't release this "early". The ne w iPhone comes out every June. There won't be another new version till June 2011.

The dataplan will actually be cheaper for me. Ive never come close to 2GB and currently pay $30 for unlimited.

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Josh said:
I installed the new OS last night and it is great! I really like the folder functionality and of course the multitasking.
Sweet I didn't know it was available. Time to upgrade the wife's 3gs and play with it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: