• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

roc5288

ReefersDelight
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Ok maybe it's not that big of a deal yet, but its been two days without a cigarette. After 33 years of this terrible habit its time to say good bye. Not only i'm i killing myself but the price of cigs have gone through the roof. I was hoping to start some kind of unofficial thread on my progress with this really hard addiction. Also if some members here have dealt with this demon and would care to share there experiences ( success and failures ) It would help a great deal. Just to put thing in perspective one year of smoking for me and my wife is $6,720 a year, And that is for me upstate. For you smokers down in the city is much more. That's a really nice coral. what i will be doing is putting that money in savings. Also i was hoping if i made this battle public it would help me over come this habit. which me luck, Thanks Stan.

T

THEDLO

Rating - 100%
93   0   0
ur son believes in u stan!!!! lol i avoid thinks like drinking and smoking cuase it would dip in to my tank budget...

D1J8Z

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I havent smoked in over 2 years best thing I've ever stopped doing. I smoked for about 10 years!

Every time I wanted to smoke I chewed a piece of gum and since the day I said I am not going to smoke anymore I havent smoked a cigarette since

TimberTDI

Recovering Lurker
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Stan,

When I quit I was smoking into my third pack. I was working nights on very stressful job, I would buy two packs of smokes on my way to work, by 5:30am I would be buying my 3rd pack. The worst part was that once I got home around 8am I would rarely smoke. So I would smoke 2 1/2 packs between 8pm (when I left) and 8am. I smoked for 20 years started when I was 12 and quit when I was 32. I paid $1.25 for my first pack and $10.50 for my last.

One Saturday morning I just decided to quit. No rhyme no reason, just happened to finish to pack and said the hell with it. On that Tuesday I left for a family vacation to Boothbay,ME with a total of about 25 family members. Lot's of smokers and bottles of wine. I knew when I got back that I had the smoking thing beat.

The trick for me was anything cinnamon, altoids especially. Between Altoids, Dentyne, Big Red and Atomic Fire Balls my tongue was numb for about two weeks.

Do I feel the difference? Hell yeah!!!

I can walk up a flights of stairs without stopping, I can play around my kids without going into coughing fits, I can smell things a mile away. You won't believe how bad smokers actually smell!!

Good Luck, stick with it.

grknyer

Official Lurker
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Two days is a start after all those years. Not going to lie to you but it's going to be a tough battle depending on how strong you are. You were weak all these years so it's time to change that. :splitspin When smokers say they do so because they enjoy smoking they are full of ^%#@!! The additives are what keeps them smoking. Do yourself a favor and google "cigarette ingredients" and believe me you mouth will hit the floor after you see how many carcinogens are listed.
I quit ten years ago cold turkey and never felt better. It was very tuff. I was getting cravings 8 months later but I did it. So guess what my friend "You can do it!!!" I honestly wish you the best of luck and if I can be of any assistance don't hestitate to pm me. GOOD LUCK!

tentacles

cephalopod enthusiast
Rating - 95%
38   2   0
It will be one year for me on Thanksgiving. My grandmother died of lung cancer 3 years ago. I tried quitting after she passed but it was difficult. I decided to quit when I started coughing up blood everyday, (at 20)...figured I was following some kind of path or something.

Cinnamon sticks are your new best friends. People thought I was crazy for carrying them around but they're about the same shape and taste pretty good.

emmanuel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
15 years for me I grew up smoking since I was a little kid like 5 started buying packs at 10 years of age by the time I was 16 along with dealing with teenage pregnancy I was smoking 4-5 packs a day .
I was so bad I smoked every time while I took a shower using nail clippers to hold a cigarette .
when I quit the first 3 months were the hardest weight gain and bad mood swings to the point of becoming violent were the biggest problem but I learned to deal with it by staying away from things that stressed me out basically I stayed away from everyone .
Its not going to be easy but remember it can be done and people do it all the time just dont torcher yourself and smoke one here and there if you quit do it 100%
I read a book by sunny barger founder of the hells angels were he explains it was harder to kick smoking than to kick the habit of decades of use of cocaine.
If you ever saw someone dieing of lung cancer it might help you quit
I used to bring my dad to sloan keteran when he was dieing of lung cancer and watch as he and the rest of the victims would sit outside smoking as they would wait for their cancer treatments
good luck and remember dont even have that one cigarette

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
2 years today god just do it it is the best thing you will ever do its so nice to take a deep breath without hacking up a lung
stick to it and do it i save 7600.00 bucks the fris year took my whole family on the best vaction we ever had :tub:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: