• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

beerfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I drank some JOOSE the other night I had 4 cans. I woke up in Newark naked, cold and had a note THANKS FOR THE JEEP stapled to my chest. I think the stuff should be banned. Can I visit the speakeasy?

Sounds like a good night! Especially if you didn't own a Jeep...

You can only visit the speakeasy if you have the password. The password for the next 30 seconds is www.s%$myhouseisburnin.com. :lol:

T

THEDLO

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I drank some JOOSE the other night I had 4 cans. I woke up in Newark naked, cold and had a note THANKS FOR THE JEEP stapled to my chest. I think the stuff should be banned. Can I visit the speakeasy?
LMAO! jimmy ur a riot!

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
This stuff isnt even that bad.....I have idiots drinking double shots of 151 with red bull at my bar. Just plain moronic. Dont get it....

I hear ya- thats why I dont even go to the bars anymore. Its no longer how we were when we were in our 20's. We used to go to hang with friends get drunk to the level we liked and have a good time joking around and breaking each others shoes(and possibly find a person of the oppostie sex to go home with).

Now its all about who can drink who under the table, stroking each others egos on whos hair is more like a hedgehog than the rest and whos the biggest bad a$$ and half of them go out looking for fights. I dont get it. They also dont understand that liquors such as 151 should be used in normal mixed drinks, not doing double shots of it at a time with red bull. --for the average person that isnt a TOTAL alcoholic at least.

Kids.....sheesh

jejton

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
The reason they got into hot water was because they were marketing it to more responsible crowd - high schoolers and college kids. I first heard about this drink after treating 5 underage drinkers in one week in a local Pediatric ER - they all managed to buy it themselves too. I agree though that it should be banned because like it was said, caffeine and alcohol in the same drink is a bad mix but I'd like to see more effort put into going after those who sell or provide alcohol to underage drinkers.

beerfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Once you're 21 and able to buy booze, drinking yourself to death isn't a government issue, it's natural selection.

Kids buying booze is a problem, but shouldn't be handled by banning things. It should be handled by cracking down on underage sales.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
The reason they got into hot water was because they were marketing it to more responsible crowd - high schoolers and college kids. I first heard about this drink after treating 5 underage drinkers in one week in a local Pediatric ER - they all managed to buy it themselves too. I agree though that it should be banned because like it was said, caffeine and alcohol in the same drink is a bad mix but I'd like to see more effort put into going after those who sell or provide alcohol to underage drinkers.

Actually if you want to get technical you said they marketed it to a more responsible crowd. I know you meant an irresponsible crowd being high schoolers and college kids, just breakin shoes.

The problem is all of these drinks-JOOSE, FOURLOKO theyre all only going to be drank by high schoolers, college kids, other younger people and homeless or hard up people that are looking for a cheap way to get a buzz or hammered.

I mean I dont know about you but I think most older adults such as myself would rather spend 2 dollars more for halfway descent, normal beers or drinks than spend the money on that crap.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Man tough crowd with some- actually no you said they got into hot water because they marketed it to more responsible crowd- high schoolers and college kids- we all know theyre the most irresponsible crowd- im quite sure you meant to say they marketed it to a more irresponsible crowd but had a typo, read your post, so I was agreeing with you and joking with you at the same time.

Point taken:

Note to self--- no joking with jejton. Good day sir.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
+1 on the cracking down on underage sales. I personally believe the government gets too involved with certain areas that should really be a personal decision. They keep trying to baby proof this country for the idiots.

Jejton, I'm sure at least some of those kids had someone buy it for them. Most of them will take the blame if they know they are already in trouble and won't drag their friends into it. I know a few years ago they were going crazy in Nassau county arresting clerks that sold to underage kids and giving them the maximum punishment including jail time. I haven't heard about it recently though. My problem is that just because something is marketed to your demographic doesn't mean that you have to buy it. They aren't going out and putting a gun to kids heads to drink this. Somewhere along the line a decision is being made, as ill conceived as it may be, to drink this in excess. In my eyes the fault sits with the parents for not laying down the law at home. It isn't the governments job to tell people they're being an idiot, it's your parents.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: