Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
I went to a few LFSs looking for hair algae for my refuge not Cheato. Store #1 had some in a DPT which had no corals just algae covered rocks .I asked the owner if i could have some, he said ''it's not hair algae it's macro algae''and he is not touching the tank because the tank have been like that for 30 years. I asked, ''can i buy some''? He replied ''i'm not touching the tank if i'm making a water change and a piece fall off then you can have it but no way, i'm not touching it'' .I walked out .
Store #2 i called first the guy said he had a little on live rock come and get it. I arrived at the store the guy must have just left or so they say. One guy told me they never had hair algae take over any of their tanks. ''Liar'' .But they have cheato for sale $10 a bag. I told him i don't want cheato i want hair algae that people usually get rid off .He then stated ''there is nothing in this store that is given away but i can give you a little just a little of the fresh water hair algae which is basically the same thing''.I said''...... ok'' ,he proceeded down the fresh water isle he then started to scrape some from a water outlet and said ''that's it''. I looked at it and said'' ......thanks'' and walked out.
Store#3 had algae that looked like you would cut it like a piece of sponge for $14.99 a piece but not what i wanted. The holding tanks had a little hair algae on the power heads, pvc pipes, egg crates etc. but not much. I figured if i buy the piece for $14.99 the guy might let me get some of the hair algae from the egg crate etc. So i did and walked out not very happy .
This is what the guy gave me at Store #2 for free...
p1010525.jpg

And from Store #3 $14.99 +tax

_41656.jpg

Last edited:

rebelson

Shatter your reality
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I had given a fellow MR member a item for free when he came by to pick up another item I had for sale. Didn't even get a mere 'Thanks' from the individual but it is what it is. One things for sure: it wont hinder me from helping out another reefer.

wonderballz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
It's mind bottling how some businesses don't understand that a little customer service can go a long way. I would rather support a place with good customer service, and slightly higher prices, rather than a place that doesn't appreciate its customers.

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
he had another thread with pic of some crazy tank fill with just algy its a weird and crazy looking tank but its kool to be different so it guess that tank looks nice in a algy way i am sure someone will post a pic right after i post this

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
OK, I'm bewildered and I know it's off the subject but WHY would you want hair algae?? I struggle to get rid of it and you want it? Please explain. Maybe I shouldn't be getting rid of it but using it in some way??
You ever heard the saying every tank is different? My reef is nutrient rich ,my corals love it. I cleaned out my entire sump and discarded all the hair algae and i've been losing corals since then. So i'm trying to replace as much as i possibly can because it will take over a month to grow back the way it was.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: