bigyankfan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
It depends what you are going to use it for. If you are planning on taking a lot of outdoor scenery shots or shooting sporting events or wildlife that is a good choice. The lens is have on my camera most of the time is the EF 28-135 USM IS lens. Takes macro shots, has a good range of focal lengths, fairly fast (f 3.5) and has image stabilization. Just my two cents.

T

THEDLO

Rating - 100%
226   0   0
this is a good lens LINK a bit pricy but ull never have to switch lenses to get that distant shot, also it has an amazing depth of field like most zooms do at a close distance. on of my favorite lenses by far, and i have both, the one in your link, and the 18-200mm

S1024L

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
this is a good lens LINK a bit pricy but ull never have to switch lenses to get that distant shot, also it has an amazing depth of field like most zooms do at a close distance. on of my favorite lenses by far, and i have both, the one in your link, and the 18-200mm

I agree with THEDLO, for an all around lens get the 18-200mm, remember that your Xsi is cropped so the 75-300mm is actually 120mm-480mm (not good if you need to take a picture in tight spaces.) Sigma also makes an 18-200mm, a little cheaper but not as sharp.

nanchil

Crawling Reefer.
Rating - 95%
38   2   0
Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: