Rating - 100%
103   0   0
im having a christmas party at my job and i wanted to drink some vodka at my table. so the two i never drank are gray goose and Belvedere Vodka. which one is the best and shhould it be drank straght or chase with cranberry.

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
Ill give you the honest answer that most are unaware off. Grey Goose is a very average product with an extrordinary amount of marketing dollars behind it. Even the rating it received was up for "discussion" of fowl play. Without getting into specifics...lets just say Grey Goose is a brilliantly marketed average product. Belvedere is a better product hands down. Now with that said Vodka may be the most underwhelming spirit ever produced. It is an orderless and "generally" flavorless product that was designed to be mixed with everything under the sun. After the initial burn of Vodka see if you can discern the mild hints of the flavor profile that the 50 styles of vodka are trying to pass off. Then line 5 of them up and see if you can tell the diference. I bet you cannot name any of them correctly. No worries it is still the number one distilled product in the World. If you are looking for a better Vodka product all you Vodka officianatos should try the Stoli Elite which is only offered in a 750ml package. A very nice ordeless mild product...that is after the burn.....lol. After your done with that lets talk Scotch.

Happy Drinking,

Thane

FYI- Sorry for the rambling

James

Zen-Reefer
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Johnny Walker is scotch (which is all just whiskey made in Scotland) and it is O.k. but the the Blue Label is overpriced. Same type of deal as with Grey Goose, they have great marketing but if you want to try some amazing scotches you can do a tasting flight at one of the whiskey bars in the city. My favorite is Hudson Bar and Books. Go on Tuesday and you can get very, very good scotches for fair prices (still not cheap at all). And you can smoke cigars there which is fun.

-James

James

Zen-Reefer
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Oh yeah, there is a "private" johnny walker tasting at Tenjune or one of the meatpacking clubs, i forgot which this weekend. It wont let you post the link but the first couple people to PM me can get my extra invites if you want.

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Ill give you the honest answer that most are unaware off. Grey Goose is a very average product with an extrordinary amount of marketing dollars behind it. Even the rating it received was up for "discussion" of fowl play. Without getting into specifics...lets just say Grey Goose is a brilliantly marketed average product. Belvedere is a better product hands down. Now with that said Vodka may be the most underwhelming spirit ever produced. It is an orderless and "generally" flavorless product that was designed to be mixed with everything under the sun. After the initial burn of Vodka see if you can discern the mild hints of the flavor profile that the 50 styles of vodka are trying to pass off. Then line 5 of them up and see if you can tell the diference. I bet you cannot name any of them correctly. No worries it is still the number one distilled product in the World. If you are looking for a better Vodka product all you Vodka officianatos should try the Stoli Elite which is only offered in a 750ml package. A very nice ordeless mild product...that is after the burn.....lol. After your done with that lets talk Scotch.

Happy Drinking,

Thane

FYI- Sorry for the rambling

Thank you for the rambling.
This Vodka craze does not make much sense to me. It's like battling for wich spirit has the least taste. I don't get it.
Now let's crack open a bottle of glefiddich 21 and get this party started.
P.S. IME The blind taste test usually goes to good old Smirnoff red.
glenfiddich-21-year-old-caribbean-rum-cask-693-p.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: