NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
exhuast and intake might give you 5 hp, plus possibly void the warranty. one thing people dont realize that when changing exhuast or full system it change's the back pressure needed and throwns other variables off in the tuning of the car. and dont believe the hyped numrs companies give on hp gains.

reefoman

memberator
Vendor
Rating - 97.7%
126   3   0
Thinking about doing a full intake and exhaust to hopefully bring the horse power rating up to 250 from a 2.5l engine

Wow... who told you that?
And what you mean saying full intake? cause full intake for me starting from manifold, throttle body, injectors, MAF sensor and ending with cold air intake :)
But it make no sense to do that modifications if you're not planning to upgrade software...
CAI + headers and full exhaust will give you more noise and definitely more fuel consumption but maybe +10hp :)

Regards,
mark

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

GurpM

I am Drink
Rating - 96.4%
53   2   0
exhuast and intake might give you 5 hp, plus possibly void the warranty. one thing people dont realize that when changing exhuast or full system it change's the back pressure needed and throwns other variables off in the tuning of the car. and dont believe the hyped numrs companies give on hp gains.
one company i will always trustis K&N they say 7.6 hp from teir intake and i know they dont lie

jay1335

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
7.6 on their dyno in their controlled conditions. Im a ricer too man. And ive done alot of reading about dyno's. Its near impossible to duplicate results you got on one dyno on another. But I always have to do an intake on my cars just for the sound of it hahaha even in my big boy toy JEEP :)

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
my friend kevin had this car some 3 years ago and put it to the test went through his clutch twice and damaged his axel as well hes rough on cars and maybe it would of held up had he not gotten so crazy dropping it and putting all this cold air intake and camber kits but all in all he loved mazda and subaru but got rid of the car and went back to mazda, its a great car if you like stick but it lacks room in the back but to be skipping around town , its definitely a keeper, enjoy it man, its a nice ride

jay1335

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hahaha no illegal racing for me anymore....I only go to the strip to race these days. Englishtown is fun if you ever wanna head down there let me know!

GurpM

I am Drink
Rating - 96.4%
53   2   0
my friend kevin had this car some 3 years ago and put it to the test went through his clutch twice and damaged his axel as well hes rough on cars and maybe it would of held up had he not gotten so crazy dropping it and putting all this cold air intake and camber kits but all in all he loved mazda and subaru but got rid of the car and went back to mazda, its a great car if you like stick but it lacks room in the back but to be skipping around town , its definitely a keeper, enjoy it man, its a nice ride

i put about 70 miles a day on a car and wanted something thats not gonna send me to sleep

i like sticks so its fine for me

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Most of the hp ratings companies give you is from a car that has been tuned for the upgrades. Under perfect conditions and with several other mods you might see those gains but basic bolt ons aren't going to net anything spectacular. Like Rick, already said, pretty much anything you do is going to void the warranty if they see it. If you really want to feel some gains, man up and get a full race underdrive pulley from unorthodox. No AC or pwer steering but you can get some big gains for about $200ish not including the install.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: