Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
This is a very sad situation. Can we please not go the low road that some other forums have taken over this issue? The guy has made some mistakes, and is clearly going through some very rough times. Despite the controversies, he has contributed more to the hobby than pretty much anyone else in this community. I wish him well, and hope he can get his life in order.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
While that mug shot pretty much explains everything, there's nothing worse than an individual who clearly has the capacity for a lot of good and squanders it. I just hope he hasn't caused so much damage to himself that he can't get some help and come back from this.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
There but for the grace of god go I...........

I wish him well. All personal feelings put aside, Eric has probably brought more people into this hobby than any other single person has. I picked up the book below about 7 years before I even got into the hobby. My stock list started with this book..............

I wish him well

Russ

Attachments

• A Practical Guide to Corals.jpg
    A Practical Guide to Corals.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 367

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
anyone else find this kind of funny? sometimes you just really want to go nightswimming in other people's pools. :lol2:

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I never met him, but his books were invaluable to me when I started out. His "Practical Guide" was my bible. He was on one of my long ago reef email digests...so long ago I forgot the name of the forum. Reefkeepers Digest maybe? At any rate, I'd email him with questions, and he was always very friendly and responsive. When it turned out that we had a mutual interest in cooking Thai food, he even mailed me some kaffir lime leaves because I told him I was having trouble finding some of my own. I thought he was a great guy, and I hope is issues get resolved.

beerfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
sad to see, but kinda fitys what i always tell my son, life is a line and it isnt hard to step on the wrong side of the line when you arent walking sober

Yeah, but you care a lot less about the line when you're not sober! :lol:

Good luck to him. I've never been one to think of celebrities as more than regular people, if he has issues, I hope he can work them out. He's a great resource to the hobby, and I wish him the best.

Eric, if you're reading this... Next time get in trouble in NJ... my wife isn't admitted to the bar in TX.

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Yeah, but you care a lot less about the line when you're not sober! :lol:

Good luck to him. I've never been one to think of celebrities as more than regular people, if he has issues, I hope he can work them out. He's a great resource to the hobby, and I wish him the best.

Eric, if you're reading this... Next time get in trouble in NJ... my wife isn't admitted to the bar in TX.
He's not a celebirty and thats stuff you did when you where like 18-21. And what makes you think your wife could get him out of trouble in NJ? You are better off knowing the judge and the officers making the arrest than having a good lawyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: