Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Just wanted to share some pictures from the "Into the Blue" article. Few of them didn't make it there so I'm showing them here. LMK if you like them.

120203_6154.jpg

120203_6159.jpg

120203_6168.jpg

acropora.jpg

blasto.jpg

christmaswrasse.jpg

christmaswrasse2.jpg

greenpocilipora.jpg

koletang.jpg

midasblenny.jpg

millepora.jpg

mushroomanemone.jpg

pociliporaclose.jpg

pociliporaupclose.jpg

ponapebidsnest.jpg

zoanthids.jpg

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Thanks guys for your comments. To answer all questions:
1. The camera is Nikon D7000+ 90mm Tamron lens attached to it. All pictures were taken under purely royal blue lights with modified flash and gels on the lens, that's why you see those crazy colors. It's my method for taking pics under blue light:)
2. Yes, all pics were taken in my tank and all corals are mine. I'm sorry Matt, but I'm not fragging any of my lps as I want them to grow into colonies and they are painfully slow to grow in a sps-dominated tank.

motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
1. The camera is Nikon D7000+ 90mm Tamron lens attached to it. All pictures were taken under purely royal blue lights with modified flash and gels on the lens, that's why you see those crazy colors. It's my method for taking pics under blue light:)
2. Yes, all pics were taken in my tank and all corals are mine. I'm sorry Matt, but I'm not fragging any of my lps as I want them to grow into colonies and they are painfully slow to grow in a sps-dominated tank.

wow i didnt realize they were yours.. now im not sure what impresses me more the pics or the actual pieces...

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0

Hmmm, nice... Haven't thought about that yet.. My trick was to just usually dont take picture with Royal blue lights only, haha..

But i have to try using a flash with gel (what color do you use to compensate the blue). it does make the camera a little bulky..

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Those pictures are AWFUL!!! You should never pick up that camera again. LOL
You should give the camera to me and I'll make the pictures look like I took them with a kodak disc.
On a serious note. You are freakishly gifted man. Unreal!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: