Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Comments on care would be appreciated

dtandfrags.jpg

ReefFreak1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I disagree with te above statement. They are all easy but for the true color of that birdsnest to come out it will take the right conditions and biological bacteria. Te candy cane and the birdsnest will be your most difficult until you get other Sps or inverts.

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Kenya tree?

#1 might be the most difficult to keep, it's alevopora if I'm not mistaken.

The other 6 should be fine with decent water quality and lighting. Place #4 (poccilopora) in the upper half of the tank.

#5 and #7 are the same coral, different color. Trumpet coral (candy cane)

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Put 2 and 4 up closer to the lights.

Put 2 right next to some rock above it and it will very quickly spread upwards.

1 is a little hard to keep, after a while it may start to die (months). In new tanks they do very well at first. After you get the tank running a little bit you might want to consider feeding TLF Gonipower which is pretty good for alveoporas as well.

ReefFreak1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok then that's perfect. You should have no issues. Just watch the corals daily. You will notice color changes and size changes. Spot feed the tree but I don't honk it's needed. And when you feed do it like twice a week and that's a bunch even for you. Be ver frugal. Phosphates come from no where and will be the death of anyone.

dba

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ok then that's perfect. You should have no issues. Just watch the corals daily. You will notice color changes and size changes. Spot feed the tree but I don't honk it's needed. And when you feed do it like twice a week and that's a bunch even for you. Be ver frugal. Phosphates come from no where and will be the death of anyone.

I have a phosban reactor which i made active a couple of days ago...

What do you mean by spot feed?

and what can i do about changing colors, I can already see that happening in less than 48 hours of them being in my tank..

Does the lighting that I use affect the color changing ?

ReefFreak1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I was going to say we can meet up and I'd be happy to show you the food I'm using for my tank for the corals. Even give u a bit but I'm downtown manhattan. Spot feeding is directly blasting the coral with food. YouTube it.

ReefFreak1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I should be going out there this weekend. If you want look up Greenwich aquariums on I think Putnam ave. he sells this ground coral food. It's like powder but I put a pinch in my tank once or twice a week. If you spot feed mix with water first an then inject it to any coral with a eye dropped or coral feeder.

This dude has a great store. One of my fav and prices ok sometimes. During sales his prices are crazy good.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: