masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Sanjay, please excuse me if I just let out an audible laugh and a simultaneous gasp. It felt like only yesterday I was there and your tank has exploded since then (overnight). I thought HGH was only for MLB players :rolleyes:

Absolutely amazing growth and coloration. Congratulations on successfully outgrowing a 525g tank in one year. When's the upgrade? I know you've got a whole room to the right to break into ;)

Russ

sanjay

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Sanjay, please excuse me if I just let out an audible laugh and a simultaneous gasp. It felt like only yesterday I was there and your tank has exploded since then (overnight). I thought HGH was only for MLB players :rolleyes:

Absolutely amazing growth and coloration. Congratulations on successfully outgrowing a 525g tank in one year. When's the upgrade? I know you've got a whole room to the right to break into ;)

Russ

HGH.. now those are fighting words. !!!

Who needs HGH, when the corals are already growing well.

I too am amazed that I managed to outgrow a tank this size in a year. Upgrade.. now that may be way more than I can afford, since it might involve being thrown out of the house.

I think randy and I have foiund the key to a successful tank... AEFW !! Once the corals grow to a certain size and they get hit with flatworms they grow faster to stay ahead of the damage the flatworms may cause. How is that for a hypotheses. ?

Seriously, I did get the dreaded flatworms and I am living with them. Other than a few initial corals that became a victim before I realized what was going on, I have not torn down my tank to rid of them. If you want to see the mother lode of all AEFW eggs here is a picture.

aefw-eggs-1-100907.gif

On the bright side of things, I can finally trade with Randy !!

sanjay.

sanjay

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Now there's a man after my own heart! lol

Beautiful tank Sanjay! Since you aren't using any magic potions...is your great success due to lighting & husbandry?

Unfortunately, I don't think there are any magic potions that are needed. The basic fundamentals - good light, water flow, good stable water parameters, and good husbandry are all that is needed, coupled with patience.

Most people in my view react to everthing and want quick results, start adding potions with the view that it will improve things and end up screwing up the tank.

sanjay.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Unfortunately, I don't think there are any magic potions that are needed. The basic fundamentals - good light, water flow, good stable water parameters, and good husbandry are all that is needed, coupled with patience.
Most people in my view react to everthing and want quick results, start adding potions with the view that it will improve things and end up screwing up the tank.

sanjay.

I whole heartily agree! Your tank is ABSOULUTELY
AMAZING!!!!!!!!
If I was ever to go SPS I'd want my tank to look like yours!! I am in awe of the colors & growth.
CONGRATULATIONS
On a job well done!​

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
"I think randy and I have found the key to a successful tank... AEFW !! Once the corals grow to a certain size and they get hit with flatworms they grow faster to stay ahead of the damage the flatworms may cause. How is that for a hypotheses? "

I think you have something there Sanjay!!!! Wanna go public on ReefCentral with this new theory. The ensuing chaos would be fun :Up_to_som

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0

sanjay.

I agree...I add nothing (except too many frags ..lol) and do weekly water changes. I'd changed my lights using some suggestions from Randy to aid in growth. Curious as to how frequently you change your water and what % you do change?

aaron23

!THE ULTIMATE REEFER!
Rating - 98.3%
234   4   0
oh my gosh.. im breathless sanjay that is AMAZING HOLY JEEZ!!! haev the colonies grown out so nicely the tank looks so filled!!!!

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Hope you didn't take offense to the HGH comment. Was just playing with ya.

Those pix are amazing. Post #38 pic # 4.......What is that coral?

'grats on the progress. That was some helluva mother lode of AEFW's :bigeyes2:

Russ

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: