MO~IDOL

I Work Hard For Color!
Vendor
Rating - 100%
643   0   0
THanks steve.. My mac has photostitch type of program, but the photomatix... Does it combine photos?? In which way?

It stacks and combine differently exposed images into one. and the final results have much more detail from shadows to highlights, and everywhere in between "seeing more like the human eye."

What is Photomatix?
http://www.hdrsoft.com/support/help_files/WhatIs.htm

step by step helpful tutorial.
http://beforethecoffee.wordpress.com/photomatix-tutorial/

MO~IDOL

I Work Hard For Color!
Vendor
Rating - 100%
643   0   0
got my new lens 50mm f/1.4 today...
test shot at f/1.8 loving the DOF....:splitspin
IMG_0317.jpg

BZOFIQ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Aw that's nice.. Why do all settings have to be on manual?? Is there a certain ap, shutter, white bal, and iso that doesn't leave seams.. My shot should be a lot wider..

Because if they are not manually specified the camera will change them from shot to shot and you get different expore which then doesn't match.

If you set the settings manually they will be exactly the same through the shoot therefore all pictures will be roughly identical in exposure so the program only performs alignment into a panorama and does minor blending to join the "tiles"

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Because if they are not manually specified the camera will change them from shot to shot and you get different expore which then doesn't match.

If you set the settings manually they will be exactly the same through the shoot therefore all pictures will be roughly identical in exposure so the program only performs alignment into a panorama and does minor blending to join the "tiles"

Thanks, just learned a lot from you.. I'll be posting a lot more pan pictures now..

BZOFIQ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
To figure out what exposure to set using manual controls do the following.

Put your camera in P mode and set the ISO and white balance manually.

then point onto the subject and the camera will automatically adjust exposure for you, note the F stop and shutter speed. Move the camera from left to right to cover your entire panorama and make sure the exposure is roughly the same across your "pano sweep". If the exposure is entirely different for each section of the pano you'll need to average the shutter speed at the same apperture.

Now switch to manual mode and set all the settings you've recorded manually. Start shooting, make sure each picture covers at least 25% of the previous frame. Import into the comp and stitch together using your favorite stitcher.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: