autoponicz

powered by MR
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Nice job thanks for the response I like how clean and organized it looks. How does that multi nozzle set up work it looks like it would save a lot of trouble running plumbing to each thing. is your return on the left or the right in this pic. The skimmer was a hand me down but seems to be holding me down till I get some more money. My bank account keeps telling me insuFISHent funds stop spending so much money on your tank lol.

thanks...
the manifold is connected to the return pump....i used a Tee on the return line and then a 3/4x1/2" bushing to use 1/2" plumbing for the rest of the manifold....its mainly 1/2" tee's and 1/2" ball valve and barb nozzle...with a 1/2" plug at the end.....connected with 1/2" pvc piping...its easy to make...i used a stronger pump and it eliminated another pump for my phosban and carbon reactors and the extra one was for a chiller or a
CA reactor is needed..

gregnyce....love that i-tech skimmer...wish they made a nano cone for my system...

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Can anyone run the hoses or pipes from my tank to my skimmer and sump I'm a newbie for real bought a set up and don't know how to set up lol 90 gallon tank bought from david(dcg1286)

Last edited:

jarofsardines

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
i wouldnt say im running a KISS method, but i also wouldnt say its a KID method ( keep it difficult for those who cant catch on )

i originally ran my sump:
| (inlet) skimmer | bubble trap | return pump (heater) | bubble trap | refugium (inlet, carbon/phosban reactors) |
this method worked very well, however i was running a MRC MR-2 skimmer (externally) with a mag 24 pump. this skimmer sucked so much air i just got to a point of not being able to use it anymore and switched to an in sump, under the cabinet skimmer with smaller pump ( less water being pumped = less air being sucked ) as the mag 24 also increased water temperature in my tank.

i did alittle re-sumping and now my sump:
| return pump (heater,carbon/phos reactors) | bubble trap | MTC skimmer, pump feeding reactors (inlet) | divider wall | refugium (inlet) |

IMG_4456.jpg

IMG_4457.jpg

reg. work light with 6500K full spectrum bulb is used as sump light. mag 9.5 is my return pump, mag 7 is skimmer pump. sump is 40 breeder, display is 87 something odd gallons ( it was custom built, its basically a 5 foot 90 gallon ) im trying to get a few different macros and hopefully a breeding pair of bangaiis for the fuge. anyways, my sump has a refugium viewing window too
IMG_4641.jpg

IMG_4638.jpg

Kaz289

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I am making a new setup, equipment in the basement and display tank on the first floor I will take pics when I start the build. I am looking at all these setups and noticed nobody has posted in a while. Any new setups feel free to post them. I am looking for ideas.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: