CancerverO

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
I live few blocks from there.. that store has been for at least 4 yr or maybe more.. one time I went there.. and I didnt really see anything good.. common stuff.. blood shrimp was like 50 bucks.. maybe this weekend I will check it out to see if it has changed..

JarviZ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yea, they sell live rocks there for $5/lb if I remember. They don't have the biggest supply of live rocks and don't sell base rock, which was a bummer for me.

Everytime I go, I feel like there's different fish and invertebrates, ones that are completely new and old ones are no longer there, so I never know what to expect. I guess that keeps it interesting :biggrin:.

I hope they get their frag tank setup soon. I just realized I've never seen any SPS's yet. Just mainly softies and some LPS last time I was there. The coral lightning can use an upgrade just to help improve the color scheme. At least we see the true colors of the corals this way though haha.

Aside from the fish, the store itself is a pleasant experience. puppies and kittens to check out on the first floor, and reptiles/rabbits/birds on the 2nd floor.

Definitely worth stopping by imo if youre in the area.

irvp13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
That store it?s been there for some time now. They don?t have a great selection and the heath of the livestock it?s not great. but they do have a nice prices like $9 for a sexy shrimp and $20 for a BTA.
However they recently hire a guy, his name is Roy he sold me my first tank, he has always been very helpful and he is there to try to bring up the salt water section of the store.
I'd definitively check the store from time to time.

Just for clarification, I'm not associated with the guy or the store, we are not relatives or anything of the sort. Its just that I've found him in fishtown, then at an aquarium that was on Steinway street and the he went to MA and it was always nice to deal with.

Last edited:

JarviZ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I agree with everything IRVP said above. I met Roy a couple of weeks ago and he seem pretty cool and knowledgeable. I hope he can help get the store up to speed.

Prices are pretty good, but not too sure about the health of the livestock. I did get a pretty bad looking leather as my first coral from them as an impulse buy. It's looking much healthier and fuller now then when it's actually on display.

They carry sexy shrimps now? I might go trade in my cleaner for that :scratch:

R27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I was there today. Frag tank only had colonies of leather and hammer coral and I believe a frogspawn? Didn't look too hard. Seems as if they are still setting everything up. It's taking a while though.

I am not associated with the store in anyway but I go there about once every 3 weeks to pick up supplies for my dog and just to browse. It's a family owned business and everyone is really friendly. The owner is a really nice guy.

If anyone is looking to buy a puppy/dog or a kitten, their prices are amazing.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: