Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyyammine

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
fishtown usa had platinum clowns today. there were six of them. they were

very little and they cost 200 buxx each. i think for half or more than half i

would want the black perculas, but the platinums were very cool looking.

wayne

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
i saw them yesterday and at the same time i was there a couple requested they be fed but after about 20 Min's or so they just left i think it was because the fish weren't eating they weren't even interested in the food

Jbanks

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I've purchased many fish from these guys and I have had a pretty good experience, but I was always careful when choosing. They don't always give the best advice. sometimes I ask question that I know the answer to just to check if they are going to BS me or not.. I think a few of the folks that work there assume that everyone who walks off the street knows nothing, but I'm sure many LFS are like that. You do have to be careful choosing your livestock and Fishtown use to be MUCH more affordable. I left the hobby for three years in 2006 when I came back last year, their prices were through the roof. From what I understand, the owner controls alot of the imports coming into area. Have the suppliers prices gone up that much in recent years?

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
more like the store prices gone up jbanks some of the lfs figure now that so manny have close down i can charge whateva for there items little they know u can just order online

cowfish

Psycho-ologist
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Of the last 5 fish I bought from Fishtown during the past 3 months, 4 didn't make it out of quarantine; though one of death's was probably my fault. In previous years I've gotten some very nice livestock from them at decent prices.

Lately I've had very good luck at Pets Warehouse - found a singapore angel that was fat and eats everything. Also got a copperband that seems to being well so far.

420Reefer

Nature is Awesome
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have bought many fish from fishtown. Here's my 2 cents. They copper their water. They had 3 bluedot jaw fish ($90) rotting away in the tank WTF? Can't somebody clean that up? Prices on fish are a lil high. Quality is iffy. The owner is a a-hole, His son is the fat ass that got the gold chain on, another A-hole. Then there's the female troll who is a nasty piece of work. I went there as a kid cause I didn't know any better. IF your looking for a good LFS go to the one on Kissena BLVD i think its 46-30 Kissina blvd. Nice people great price and selection on fish and frags. Great store for the hobby. The only good thing about FT is that there salt prices are ok.

Jzhou

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Fishtown's prices has definitely gone up because so many other stores have closed. It is the walmart affect. And if you're buying fish in fishtown you're not buying fish wisely. everything is sick. Aquahut has lo prices, but a lot of their stuff is somewhat sick to. But at least those fish have a hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: