Geraud

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I love it! Saying things the way it is without artificially changing your language to please everyone.

It feels like hanging out with adults who can understand a joke, get that swearing does not mean you hate one another... I saw that they already posted several episodes. In the process of listening to them now!

On a side note, loved the episode about the eco-aqualizer. I still lived in France back then and it did not make it there, however there was a water being touted for freshwater and ponds, which was like a little piece of ceramic, but if you threw it in your tank it would just get your water crystal clear etc. I remember they had "before/after" pictures of a pond filled with algae, then completely cleared. I wish I remembered the name, but it was quite a laugh. (and endless fights on forums for people who believed in it)

Last edited:

mellotang

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
We need a forum where we can be real

If someone posts a topic called, how do you like my rockscape?

Then i Open the thread and the first thought that comes to mind when I see it is it sucks and I write “it sucks” as my Only comment it shouldn’t be deleted.

so I guess indirectly I’m saying I like your podcast, I like that you talk chit about all aspects of the hobby and it’s current state of lameness

N thanks, I just ordered my Ecoaqualizer with extra far red powder n some new proprietary Neobenedenia magnets

when can I be on To chat with you guys
25 yrs experience chit talking professional n extremely amateur aquatics in NYSea

Geraud

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
We need a forum where we can be real

If someone posts a topic called, how do you like my rockscape?

Then i Open the thread and the first thought that comes to mind when I see it is it sucks and I write “it sucks” as my Only comment it shouldn’t be deleted.
Agreed. Today someone on the FB group for Neptune posted a picture of their nano with a huge screen TV showing the Apex GUI.
Someone commented as a joke: Wow your controller screen is bigger than your tank!

Having a nano myself I thought this was a funny one. Well the OP appeared to be genuinely offended. Too bad my TV is a bit further from my tank otherwise I would have launched a "who has the largest Apex Screen / tank ratio" competition lol.

To plagiarize the title of a Zappa album: "Does humor belong in reefing?"

Last edited:

mellotang

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
In all fairness even if I replied “it sucks” I would eventually get back to the thread and tell you why I think so or how I’d aquascape it.

at the time though maybe I just wanted to let you know it sucked and maybe you should think on it

but hey, ultimately it’s your tank, do you like it? Why do you care what I think of your scape? You don’t even know me? I might only be some
kook growing corals in a 5 gallon Home Depot bucket.

hobbyist now want to go from 0-100 in 1 week

eg... I just set up my nano, am I ready for SPS?

I guess I just feel the hobby is a bit stale right now
There are only so many threads I can read about

LED vs Halide
Or
TM pro shortage
Or
Dry rock vs live rock

for some reason though the other popular forum interface is very captivating and interactive

it sucks me in

covid got me back into online forums but they used to be different. Can’t pinpoint exactly why but there just seems to be very little useful info now

I miss old school reefcentral

Thales

Advanced Reefer
Staff member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In all fairness even if I replied “it sucks” I would eventually get back to the thread and tell you why I think so or how I’d aquascape it.

at the time though maybe I just wanted to let you know it sucked and maybe you should think on it

but hey, ultimately it’s your tank, do you like it? Why do you care what I think of your scape? You don’t even know me? I might only be some
kook growing corals in a 5 gallon Home Depot bucket.

hobbyist now want to go from 0-100 in 1 week

eg... I just set up my nano, am I ready for SPS?

I guess I just feel the hobby is a bit stale right now
There are only so many threads I can read about

LED vs Halide
Or
TM pro shortage
Or
Dry rock vs live rock

for some reason though the other popular forum interface is very captivating and interactive

it sucks me in

covid got me back into online forums but they used to be different. Can’t pinpoint exactly why but there just seems to be very little useful info now

I miss old school reefcentral

mellotang

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Looks like some other aquarium pro stitutes are trying to Start the same 2 man beefer Format

love when someone has an original
Idea and someone else jumps on it as if it’s their own

thats another thing so frustrating about this industry

bunch of followers, very few innovators

Thales

Advanced Reefer
Staff member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like some other aquarium pro stitutes are trying to Start the same 2 man beefer Format

love when someone has an original
Idea and someone else jumps on it as if it’s their own

thats another thing so frustrating about this industry

bunch of followers, very few innovators
?

mellotang

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Just what I’ve seen on the inter webs

looks like someone else started a similar vlog
2 man format

just ironic that reef beef is fairly new and now another well known pro is doing the same or very similar

im Sure there are Millions that already do the same

don’t mind me, I’m just a cranky old reefer

Thales

Advanced Reefer
Staff member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just what I’ve seen on the inter webs

looks like someone else started a similar vlog
2 man format

just ironic that reef beef is fairly new and now another well known pro is doing the same or very similar

im Sure there are Millions that already do the same

don’t mind me, I’m just a cranky old reefer
Who?

Mike S

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I’ve watched two and got a kick out of them. Felt like sitting around drinking beers with some old college buddies. ?

mellotang

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
A971F912-A253-41E5-B773-9E7075D3D7CF.jpeg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: