Physicaltherapist

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I want to ask suggestion if this marine pure worth of buying or just a hype and no evidence of benefit on the reef tank. I watched the BRS investigate section of marine pure comparison but at the end of the result was the same thing with marine pure vs without marine pure other than water clarity vs to tank without the marine pure. Hope you could help me to decide. Thank in advamce

thomashtom

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Hi I have had brightwell blocks in Sump?s for over 2 years and they have not dissolved or broke up. And they are keeping my nitrates in control. Thanks

STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
I had two of the large marine pure blocks in my tank. One in the sump and in in the display. In my experience they definitely break down. They’re brittle to start with and with time get to a point where even when you touch them they crumble (I’m talking about a few months). After about a year I had enough and went with all rock.

redbora

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
After using both the brightwell block and marine pure products. I would go with brightwell, marine just too brittle. I've used a few variations of what marine pure offers and some of them started to crumble after the initial rinse. As for results with blocks vs no blocks, I would say that they have not shown a significant difference in my tank. I feel the only real benefit is extra area for bacteria and pods to grow.

5thChorseman

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
As other have recommended, do not use marine pure. I used it and after a while it crumbles. There are alternative to it. One not mention is the maxspect blocks or clones of it made from tiny sphere stuck together.

Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
ive had some crumble in my hand and others be solid as a brick. only thing that bothers me is aluminum, now if you talk to marine pure or other ceramic people they say as long as its fired no metals can leech bla bla bla... ive had several service accounts with either ceramic rock or the marine pure media in it and was loosing coral and came up with aluminum on the triton test. take out the ceramics do a few water changes then boom problem fixed, i also know people that have it in and no issues... moral of the story, if you need them for biological go for it but if you have issues remove immediately and do an icp test or just dont bother

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: