SkateboardNY

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I redid my lighting and now have a few things I'd prefer to trade but will also sell:

- 2 IceCap 250 watt ballasts - One of them is the new kind and is only about 8 months old, the other is the old kind which is like two and a half years old. Both of them run perfectly. I actually preferred the old ballast because it runs cooler and has a disconnect fitting built in, the male end included as well, although you'd probably have to splice it for whatever wiring because it connect to only about a 4 foot power cord. It also doesn't have the issue with being able to light the 250 watt XM DE's. The old ballast also has a removable fuse and I have a ton of extra fuses to go with it. I'll throw in whatever wiring I have that goes with it as well.

- 2 250 watt XM 10k bulbs - about 8 months usage, I think they have a lot of life left in them as they still both have the nice white XM 10k color and are very bright

- 1 400 watt IceCap ballast - this is the 220 volt version, I have had it for a little over a year now but only used it for about 5 months.

- 3 400 watt XM 20k bulbs - about 5 months of usage, all three still look great, supposedly these last for a year or so, so there's probably a fair bit of life left in them

- 5 mogul sockets

- 1 Spider light reflector, I have others but they had been butchered to accomodate 2 bulbs in one reflector.

- 1 Hello Lights ARO VHO ballast w/harness and 4 sets of endcaps - the ballast works fine but the on off switch on it no longer works, so the ballast is always on if it's plugged in, unless it's on a timer or something. I don't know how easily repairable the on off switch is, I never really cared because I ran it on a timer. The ballast is about three years old. I have 4 two foot URI VHO actinic bulbs (the ones with the internal reflector) I'd just throw in too because they're about 7 months old, which is supposedly a month past the VHO life span although they still look fine to me.

- 1 Phosban reactor with the tubing and maxi jet, about a year old although I only used it for maybe 6 months or so

- 1 little giant MDQ-SC, pressure rated, pumps about 500 gph, works great, used about 7 months

I'm looking to trade something here for an IceCap 660, preferrably with the harness and heatsink because I want to add two more T5 bulbs to my canopy. I'd use the ARO ballast I already have but HelloLights doesn't recommend it. I'd also trade for some 60" T5 bulbs or reflectors, but I doubt anyone has that, or another Tunze Stream, the more powerful Seios, or definately for some nice SPS frags.

I'm too lazy right now to try to figure out prices, but if there's some interest shown in buying some of this stuff I'll look and see what this stuff is selling for now and try to price accordingly.

And yes, I know, my first post and I'm trying to sell stuff so it might look a bit shady. I've only visited this board a few times but I figured I'd get a better response here than ReefCentral and plus since I'm lazy anyone is welcome to come pick up at my house and then you'd know where I live, ;-).

SkateboardNY

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I was running 2 250 watt xm10k and 3 400 watt xm 20k with an Aquablue T5 80 watt, but the canopy was cluttered, hot and inefficient - all this over a standard 180 gallon. I really didn't like how much light I was losing with the Spider Light reflectors either. I actually stopped using the 400 watt xm 20k's all together and just ran two the two 250 watt 10k's w/ the T5 and hardly lost any color.

Now I'm running two 400 watt XM 10k's in two Lumenarc L4 reflectors with the one T5 bulb and I really like it. These are the rectangular Lumenarcs and they give a really good spread and have no problem covering my 180. The XM 10k 400's are really almost perfect bulbs IMO. Look great even unsupplemented and I'm already noticing new colors and it's not even two weeks. I still want to add more T5 because I'd like to have a bit stronger lighting for when the halides aren't on, maybe another two 60" T5's, hence why I'm looking for an IceCap 660.

I'll also post/send pics of anything if anyone's interested.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
wow, that was a bunch of light.

I've heard good things about the lumenarc's they are really big and would not fit in my hood with the vho's I have, oh well.

aaron

Australian
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I am looking for a couple of reflectors,- one complete one and maybe a butchered one. Do you still have them? how much do you want for them? how long are they?
Aaron

SkateboardNY

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm still going to hold up a little longer to see if an IceCap 660 pops up, but so far Marcin is the first in line for those two 250 watt ballasts. So far as price for the ballasts, I figure 70 for the new style one and 50 for the old style one is reasonable. The cheapest I saw was 75 for a new style ballast and 70 bucks is 45 less than what they're going for brand new. I'm a bit busy at the moment, but I will definately answer all PM's as well. And thanks for the interest as well, I'm glad that I can recoup some loss on this stuff and that someone else is actually going to use it instead of just having it lie around.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: