rikacarl

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just wondering how many here are doing it. I have leathers, star polyps, mushrooms, frogspawn, montipora, acopora, etc. that are all bunched together, but not for long. (new tank on the way)

Also, if you do, How long has it been working?

I am wondering if I should get rid of some of my corals when I set up the new tank.

Reeffreak

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 90gal with Frogspawn, mushrooms, candycane, montipora digitata, staghorn, xenia, anthelia, nepthea, sinularia leather, yellow polyps, green brain and a torch. I think that is everything. Everything has been working well now since July of 2001.

The only problems I have been running into is the xenia growing over everything and shading out the lower corals and the frogspawn and torch stinging everything.

I plan to slowly phase out some of the softies and lps corals and try achieve more of a balance between softies and SPS corals.

Steve

XXX

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a hammer, frogspawn, two leathers and a few more misc softies in with my mostly SPS reef. I started keeping SPS a year ago after my tank reached the one year mark. I have weeded out most of the softies. I run carbon and a PolyFilter full time just in case.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah mine is a 90 gal mish-mosh of xenia (and more xenia), a few mushrooms, a HUGE anchor, torch, some SPS I dont know what it is, a couple brains, moon, tongue, clam, a peach/red flowerpot like coral (yes I know I lack scientific names, deal with it). I have heard many LPS dont like being in the same water-column as softies.

pathos

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have it all in my 65 gallon. I have really been getting into the Sinularias, Lemnalias, Sarcophytons, and Nepthea recently and will actually probably phase the SPS out of my system!

pathosreef.jpg

pathos

cyberpanther

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started adding some sps and acros to my softy/lps tank. What I have currently is a beautiful 13 in. tri-colored (unknown exact type) acro, montipora digitata, yellow turbinara cup coral, large brain, 8 med/large kenya tree purple colt corals, 2 toadstool mushrooms, 1 finger leather, 1 nepthea, 1 multicolored frogspawn, 1 galaxia, 2 unknown red hard corals that just started growing on my LR after 2 years (after I switched to MH and VHO'S), 1 lrg xenia, 3 branching star polyps, 1 encrusting star polyps, 2 zooanithid polyps (sp?), 2 feather dusters, 1 lrg neon green/yellow carpet anenome, 1 green-multicolored mushroom coral (5 or 6 on the rock), 1 purple/blue maxima clam, 1 deresa clam, and a few others that I am leaving out because I dont feel like going downstairs and looking sorry. The multi-colored acro wasnt doing well until I added carbon, and now it seems to be recouping. All the other sps and acros were and still are doing great.

SteveP

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mostly SPS and LPS in my 135. The only softies are about a dozen mushrooms, some xenia elongata, and two small sarcopython frags (yellow and purple). Once the sarcos get too big, I'll get rid of one or both of them. I run carbon constantly just in case. I don't replace it often enough though! :roll:

Steve
8{I

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep a balanced mixed tank of softies and stonies (SPS and LPS). My system has been performing well for over 6 years.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: