batt600

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
27   3   0
Heres my pic of my tierra del fuego . Not really a great pic had to take under Leds.

Attachments

• 2011-12-05 11.05.53.jpg
    2011-12-05 11.05.53.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 1,155

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Nice! I have a hard time telling it from other pink/green aussie acros that have emerged over the last few years.

Last edited:

jf2381

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Jackson its just a name so they can sell it for 250 dollars for a 1/2in frag and have "collectors" scramble to get money together.

I'm one of those collectors (not one that paid that pricetag) that has all 3 corals (Rommel watermelon, tiera de fuego and red planet).The difference between the 3 is so small that you will be fine with any one ofthem.

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Hmmm I have rommels watermelon and Tierra and used to have red planet I'd say yes they r similar but the Tierra is the nicest example of these type acros by far IMO not worth the $ when it first came out but u can get frag $75 now and I think it's nice enough to demand that !

the haters always have to chime in on these types of threads !
(You know damn well u have named coral in ur tanks)

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Yeah i have named corals in my tank but never spent more then 40 dollars for a frag. Tierra del fuego was 250 bucks last time i looked a few months ago. Even though i have the money i will NEVER spend that money on a acro even if twice a day rainbows came flying out of its base. I buy them from members here and I look for beauty at the LFS with no names on them except acropora,digi etc etc

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Henrystyle photo is incredible

That is awesome and does not look like a red planet or romel's watermelon. If that is what the Tierra del Fuego always looked like, then it is priceless. Sadly, most of the examples that I have seen pale to a well maintained red planet.

Another case of, gotta see the mother colony and the frag, to really know what your getting

Henrystyle, kudos on a gorgeous piece.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: