duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
yeah but where do you get that leds dont give color. you see threads on RC with guys who you dont know. for all you know they have a 200gallon with a rated 100gallon with po4 and high no3. you have to get your opinion from a good source not some random member on a random site. all lights can give your corals color its how you maintain the tank and acclimate the coral that means the difference on a browned out tank and a colorful tank. i have been to peoples house with t-5 and halides where i couldnt tell one coral from another because everything was brown. doesnt mean its the light but the maintenence. some people like it some people dont. leds has come a long way since you tried it with the type you had. i still love you though when i see ya dont be surprised when you get a big wet one when your least expecting it

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
first source is your tank brown corals lmfao i win :funnypost
yeah but where do you get that leds dont give color. you see threads on RC with guys who you dont know. for all you know they have a 200gallon with a rated 100gallon with po4 and high no3. you have to get your opinion from a good source not some random member on a random site. all lights can give your corals color its how you maintain the tank and acclimate the coral that means the difference on a browned out tank and a colorful tank. i have been to peoples house with t-5 and halides where i couldnt tell one coral from another because everything was brown. doesnt mean its the light but the maintenence. some people like it some people dont. leds has come a long way since you tried it with the type you had. i still love you though when i see ya dont be surprised when you get a big wet one when your least expecting it

reefoman

memberator
Vendor
Rating - 97.7%
126   3   0
Hey Richie long time man...
If you have time just swing by some evening so you can see some sps under leds in person :)
I can't forget your corals how beautiful they was... trust me nothing gonna replace metal halides even best T5's... LOL
Ricky has great looking tank, he is running 6x50w Ecoxotic cannons and his sps are very nice...

Regards,
mark

Rating - 99.5%
204   1   0
3 pages and no pics only arguing ..lol
Not sps but my chalices under ai sol blue
B5047A67.jpg
F8AC15A8.jpg

RFADCT

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok Ok, I'm knew to the forum and no disrespect to any og's but I run Acans and have had MH AND T5'S. T5's have produceD beautuful color for years but the new error of lighting can certainly maintain great color. I run 3 18 inch acan 104ac and have great color. Post pics when I get home.

RFADCT

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think my boy Mike from tropical Island would disagree as well with whoever said L.E.D doesnt produce color. Who wants to run 8 bulbs and 4 different color spectrums anyway. I say keep it clean with L.E.D. But, everyones entitled to what they prefer, thats what makes this country GREAT!!!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: