jvu61

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose potassium in my 300 gal I think about 20ml per day. in that way I know its in there and I test for it every now and again to be sure levels are ok

ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
"The U.S. Department of Agriculture reports that a medium-sized fresh banana that's between 7 and 7 7/8 inches long contains approximately 422 milligrams of potassium"

Somehow this can be figured out mathematically :) Damned if I know how to though :D

FYI, I started feeding a little banana here and there. The fish love it! Maybe I'll do a K test later to see if my levels have risen. Seriously takes 30 mins on a red sea kit though. So annoying.

thanks! so I guess it may benefit the corals? idk

frag apple

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm only dosing potassium when orange caps and orange milli's are not looking as vibrant as they should be! I've have nailed down my dosing to 150ml di to 1 teaspoon dry potassium once a month! never tested the level but after a hour or so of dosing they are back to having vibrate colouring! fyi heavy wet skimming will deplete k levels quickly!

tunicata

Tunicate Tamer
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
did anyone see the dosing tablets from the Zeo folks? BRS has a video on it. It leaches out over time (up to 4 mos depending on uptake). They have a K tablet among others.

Which you'd have to monitor to see how soon it finishes for you. But you wouldn't have to hand dose/whatever you do on a daily/weekly basis.

Looks like 4 tabs for $25+ of various elements, etc.

No information on what the tabs are made of and the impact the inactive ingredients could have, or info on quality assurance that each tab has however much active ingredient necessary to be useful, etc.

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: