duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
How many people here run GFO on your SPS dominant reef tank? I was thinking of shutting it down every other month and just keeping a weekly log on my PO4. What other methods do you use to control PO4

Last edited:

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
You have a hanna phosphate or phosphorous checker? I wouldn't turn mine off until i get something digital. With my red sea kit its hard to diff between 0 and .02 but I've seen a lot of people (discussion on wamas) that turned off their gfo after tank matured..

SteveZ15

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
I use rowa,but now use less media and change once a week,got taught a lesson on how fast phos can creep up in a small tank.Even though my fish love it I got rid of pellet feeding

ValorG

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
263   0   0
I honestly only started using it recently because I heard that high phosphates impedes on coral calcification. My tank had less algae before I started it and buying all this gfo is a pain. Does anybody know of any great growth sps tanks that have no phosphate removal?

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Chris do u have alot fish ?
I'm having some issues with cyano and hair so I'm running alot of Gfo and phosguard Havnt really seen a difference in fact I've never really noticed it helping my tanks so many swear by it I'm not convinced yet I'm gonna run for next few months see how it goes but if I don't see big difference gonna do awAy with it because its expensive

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
trust me it works...Matt your probably not using enough yet, slowly build up to about two cups. It's better to use too little than too much because it will strip the water too clean too fast and also play havoc with the Alk, both senerios can kill corals...it's a delicate balance of too much or not enough nutriants to keep SPS colorfull and growing and every tank is differrent..

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: