Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Not once did I say to use tap water.

You made a statement basically implying that tap water kills fish and causes cyano. I pointed out what you said and added in a weeeee. Everything with you is special. Pure nonsense.

Last edited:

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
Back when I was running my 75g fully loaded with SPS colonies + 50g refugium, I barely ever ran GFO. My PO4 was usually around 0.1ppm on the hanna and was getting great growth on the SPS. The fastest grower was that nuclear green milli with about 1" of growth per month.
Keep in mind, it was with a 50g refugium growing a basketball size of chaeto every 2 weeks and an oversized skimmer (BM250)

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
My chaeto dont grow for me. I have it under T8 bulb running reverse cycle and I cant get it to grow. Its in a 40 breeder

i find up the best grow chaeto is when i got lots of water flow, i use one koralia mag 7 in my sump ( 90 gal. ) and 2700 K fluorescent light bulb , need lot of room , No chemicals or additives just light and flow. Yes i use some Rowa not even 1/2 they suggest. Run Biopeletts. Feed only once a day.

reefer4eva

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
282   0   0
Oh man..I just read thru the ups and downs and all the side streets this thread has just to read post that actually stuck to the topic..IMO ..I stopped using gfo cause my phosphates where next to near zero..I switched my refugium light to a par 38 (54 watts) and my macro algae been growing like crazy,I have atleast 6 different varieties of algae.with that being said I noticed a lot of the colors in my corals are bouncing back since I took off the gfo.I was actually thinking of using something that would be more benificial for the tank like the macro reactor or bio pellets ...oh and I have miracle mud in the refugium ...

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I haven't used GFO in 6 weeks and I see a color improvement. phosphate reading remains 0.0 on the low range hanna meter though.

PolandSpring

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
I haven't used GFO in 6 weeks and I see a color improvement. phosphate reading remains 0.0 on the low range hanna meter though.

I also haven't used gfo in months due to being away at school and not being able to change it every month (so I opt not to use it). My SPS growth has been phenomenal over the past 5 months. I havent checked in a little, but my phosphates remain at .03 (hanna test)

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
It has everything to do w topic. It's not anger it's Love.
And for the record Tap water Will cause cyano and algae bloom, don't listen to anyone who tells you it won't.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: