jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I don't specifically feed anything to acropora, nor do I believe they actually eat any of these reef foods. I believe that the foods put lipids and proteins into that water which acros absorb. Same goes for fish foods. I have seen acro polyps capture reef nutrition ROE though. Weird because these are large particles. Stylos in particular consume ROE very well.

Snook

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I feed my acros daily. I have a good I picked up from Greenwich aquaria. It's a powder that he makes. My phosphates are at 0.00 too no matter what I feed. I only have two fish. I'm in it for the corals only. I recently read that they need food regularly and my growth has been fast since I started to feed.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
No need to feed sps. I haven't even found it necessary to feed any corals for that matter. Never feed my acans or chalices and they grow and color fine. I do add amino but that's pretty recent maybe 5 months ago and that's working for me.

fredro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
No need to feed sps. I haven't even found it necessary to feed any corals for that matter. Never feed my acans or chalices and they grow and color fine. I do add amino but that's pretty recent maybe 5 months ago and that's working for me.

+1

The best "food" for my SPS that I've found is Amino Acids. I add AcroPower which is aminos and some other good stuff, reviews are generally all positive.

ReefBum

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Fish poop helps. I feed my fish a lot, skim heavily and do large weekly water changes. I like to think of this as a high import/export type of system. I do add roti feast and oyster feast to the fish food when I do feed the fish

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
Depend what kind of Acro. some love even Brine Shrimps , Cyclopes , left over from fish food, i use Fuel also, some grow like 4"-6" from one 1 " in one year, some stay Frag for one year. I will try one AUTO feeder ( buy or DIY ) for night. I feed 1 time a day only.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: