SuRFeR BoY

BooSten Audi A4 -Aim
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I've been shutting off my skimmer for a day at a time and feeding more and more and i have not seen any changes in my nitrates and phosphates. I also used my friend's hanner checker low range phosphorus meter and I received a 0 ppb reading. On friday, I picked up brightwell's neonitro and neophos. I srarted off with an extremely low dose and I have been increasing it daily. Well see how long it take to receive a reading.

ReefBum

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
I would not shut the skimmer off, perhaps you can throttle it back if it is skimming a lot (wet). I have always been a proponent of feeding my fish heavily and doing 15% water changes on a weekly basis. Be careful and don't go overboard with trying to get your phosphates up.....you may end up having the reverse problem and they might get too high and cause an algae outbreak.

SuRFeR BoY

BooSten Audi A4 -Aim
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I stopped turning my skimmer off. I also stopped doing weekly water changes and I've been heavy feeding multiply times a day. I recently started dosing brightwell neonitro and neophos. I was finally able to get my nitrates to about 2 ppms so far and my phosphates to .03ppms. Based on my dosing calculations my tank uses about .005 of phosphates daily. Well see how long it takes for my colors to really come back. It's been about a week since I've been dosing these 2 brightwell products.

SuRFeR BoY

BooSten Audi A4 -Aim
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I use reef Chrystal's salt. I recently purchased some brightwells potassion and I am waiting on a test. My issue really seemed to kick in once I went from by weekly to weekly 10 percent water changes. You would think that the more frequent water changes would bring you potassium levels up or even restore them.

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
I try only one time RC salt (the only one reason was the price 3 boxes for $ 120 ) but i lost the color on my SPS ( i got 99% SPS) then i test the RC salt (Potassium) was around 340-360 ppm , i have to dose extra Potassium, i go back on ESV (around 400 ppm Potassium) the color in my SPS is back, you should have Potassium 400-410 ppm for SPS, that my opinion.Yes i love water change (10-15%) every week. Try to use ESV then you will see the dif. I don't think by water change you will got 400 ppm Potassium (in special using RC) try ESV then slowly dose extra Potassium. Salifert Potassium i think is one of the easy to read, Red Sea pain in the neck.

http://brightwellaquatics.com/products/potassion.php

AV store they have that.

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
You reccomend switch salts on a sps tank after using Reef crystals on the tank for about two years?

For me ESV is a way much better then RC, the only way RC beat ESV is the price. I don't think you will have a problem, the only problem i got in past (changing salt) was the RTB split in 4, but i don't consider that a problem. If you like RC , is fine, many ppl. use, just make sure your Potassium is around 400 ppm.

SuRFeR BoY

BooSten Audi A4 -Aim
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Yes and my K is at 372. Im going to say that my K isn't the issue. Ill slowly try to bump it to 390. I'm giving up on trying to balance and get a reading on my nutrients. No matter what I do to the tank, it stays at 0 0. I will let you all know if something changes. Any advice would be appreciated.

Peter

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
Yes and my K is at 372. Im going to say that my K isn't the issue. Ill slowly try to bump it to 390. I'm giving up on trying to balance and get a reading on my nutrients. No matter what I do to the tank, it stays at 0 0. I will let you all know if something changes. Any advice would be appreciated.

Peter

"372" ? what test you use, just curios.

SuRFeR BoY

BooSten Audi A4 -Aim
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
For anyone who is having the same low nutirents issues in their apa tanks, I've been dosing a mix of acropower, reef energy and a bunch of different foods and the colors on my sps are starting to turn around drastically.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: