Jackooze

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction because I haven?t had any luck with sps. All my sps are slowly losing color and turning white. I am assuming it has something to do with my parameters but not sure what I am doing wrong. I am newbie when it comes to sps and only ever had lps in my tank. I want to one day have sps only tank.

I am running Biopellet & GFO reactors. Skimmer and no refugium.
I feed one cube of mysis everyday and pellets auto feeder in he morning.

Lights: Radion xr15 gen3 with diffusers at 56%
Cal: 420. Red Sea test kit
Alk: 8.1. Hanna all checked
Mag:1450. Red Sea test kit.
Nitrate: 2ppm. Red Sea test kit
Phoshate: 0. Hannah phosphate checker

Am I not understanding something with the relationship of nitrate and phosphate?
Are the coral starving ?
Is it to much light ?

grsfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
What type of sps are you trying. Are you trying to start out with easier ones. Also where did you put them in your tank to start. When I first started getting a few I made the mistake of putting them too high in the tank initially thinking they would be fine because they were sps but when I lowered them they started doing good

Jackooze

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
This is the drag pack I purchased and they are all on a rack on the side wall so I?ve been playing with the height.
1. Oregon Tort
2. Tyree Blue Matrix
3. ATL Forest Digi
4. Tyree Pink Lemonade
5.Tubs Stellatta
6. Fiji Green Slimer
7 . Purple Slimer
8. Vivid Rainbow Delight
10. Tyree Tierra del Fuego

What type of sps are you trying. Are you trying to start out with easier ones. Also where did you put them in your tank to start. When I first started getting a few I made the mistake of putting them too high in the tank initially thinking they would be fine because they were sps but when I lowered them they started doing good

Jackooze

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
How often do u test i had same problem took gfo offline and made a huge difference it was stripping everything from tank

Do you dose?
Water changes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was debating if I should stop using GFO for a while but once phosphates gonupnif I have to start running it again. Kinda annoying.

I only dose cal alk and mag. Debating to use nopox. Water change every 2 weeks

Chefjpaul

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
I was debating if I should stop using GFO for a while but once phosphates gonupnif I have to start running it again. Kinda annoying.

I only dose cal alk and mag. Debating to use nopox. Water change every 2 weeks
Let your nutrients go up a bit
No nopox, no gfo etc.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

mshur

Rating - 99.3%
294   2   1
I dont have experience in biopellets but as long as you have detectable nitrates you should be fine..Do couple of large water changes and let tank run just keep params stable...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: