Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I can't lust over any SPS, since whatever I get, it turns green. heh
purple nana? green.
pink cadillac, green.
wwc yellow tips? all green
pearl berry.. green
a whole lot of other acros... all green. Green upon green, upon green.
Even LPS, purple frogspawn, hints of green developed, Everything is green!

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
my parameters are basic, trying to keep over 8 on the hardness, 440 on the CA. I maybe over on the Mg. I think my lighting has too much UV 420 in it, which at first gave everything a nice purple fluorescent at the beginning, but then that "sun tan" changed green. I can only assume the corals colors will show once I grow them out, but in that time, I'm going to forget what's what, and I'm not going to mount all these little green frags onto the rocks. OH BTW,
PC rainbow?... yes it changed from orangey yellow to... green.

kevin315

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
my parameters are basic, trying to keep over 8 on the hardness, 440 on the CA. I maybe over on the Mg. I think my lighting has too much UV 420 in it, which at first gave everything a nice purple fluorescent at the beginning, but then that "sun tan" changed green. I can only assume the corals colors will show once I grow them out, but in that time, I'm going to forget what's what, and I'm not going to mount all these little green frags onto the rocks. OH BTW,
Mine changed to green too haha! But it regained color with with higher nutrient I think.

Attachments

• 95955FCD-8DF2-44C7-A37D-40EECA0F6C71.jpeg
    95955FCD-8DF2-44C7-A37D-40EECA0F6C71.jpeg
    448.7 KB · Views: 0

kanm123

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it could be your Iron levels. Have your calcium/alk/mg consumption stabilized? ie, do you have a consistent weekly dosing schedule that isn't fluctuating. If yes, I would proceed to use red sea reef colors to help with bringing out the other colorations. I had incredible results with LPS coloration, believe it could contribute to SPS too.

geldof

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Oh man, where to start. I know the homewrecker has been around awhile, but it is still one of my favorites. A picture of how mine started out, as a small colony. Other than that Bill Murray, Vivid's Confetti, Cherry Bomb Tenuis, Superman Tenuis, RMF Acid trip, Craft aquatic multimedia milli, voodoo magic, pinky bear are my top newer Acros. Still love the strawberry shortcake, red dragon, PC rainbow and pink lemonade too! Sorry for naming so many!!

IMG_2873.jpg

Nova23

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
what’s your phosphates ?
First Time I've measured it in the past 2 year, but since there is a puzzle to be solved.
NO3 and PO4 are both at zero.

I did receive feedback from Kanm123, and do use a bit of liquid fertilizer once a month to increase the productivity of my algae scrubber. (tetra plant, FloraPride 0 0 3), just a tiny bit of K20 and Fe, limiting nutrient's for algae. I'm just using 5 mL, which is about 1/10 the dosage needed for a fully planted aquarium.

In addition, last year when I accidentally raised my kH hardness to above 14, (I'm going to say I over shot by quite a bit) the kH was above 14 for 6 to 12 months, before my SPS kicked in (they were not growing at all, actually stunted, burnt tips) I had to add a lot of Mg to compensate in order to get my Ca above 400. This was probably a temporary issue I currently have no problems with measuring my kH and Ca now, but I'm assuming my Mg is high (I don't have a Mg test kit). I'm just waiting for the Mg to be consumed also.

SuRFeR BoY

BooSten Audi A4 -Aim
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
First Time I've measured it in the past 2 year, but since there is a puzzle to be solved.
NO3 and PO4 are both at zero.

I did receive feedback from Kanm123, and do use a bit of liquid fertilizer once a month to increase the productivity of my algae scrubber. (tetra plant, FloraPride 0 0 3), just a tiny bit of K20 and Fe, limiting nutrient's for algae. I'm just using 5 mL, which is about 1/10 the dosage needed for a fully planted aquarium.

In addition, last year when I accidentally raised my kH hardness to above 14, (I'm going to say I over shot by quite a bit) the kH was above 14 for 6 to 12 months, before my SPS kicked in (they were not growing at all, actually stunted, burnt tips) I had to add a lot of Mg to compensate in order to get my Ca above 400. This was probably a temporary issue I currently have no problems with measuring my kH and Ca now, but I'm assuming my Mg is high (I don't have a Mg test kit). I'm just waiting for the Mg to be consumed also.
What type of lights are you running?

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
What type of lights are you running?
I'm using the SB reef lights, the 32" size, 360W. of which I have the blues at 90% and the whites 45% so about 75% of 360 or 270W. They are in my grown out sump, so very shallow, about 6 inches below the surface, and the lights are about 10" from the surface. I suspect the the 420 nM UV LEDs may have forced the corals to have more of the "sun screen" effect. When I first placed them in, they developed this beautiful, surface purple sheen, within the first couple of weeks, this purple sheen is green under actinics only. Now I can't really tell if the green is on the surface or inside the tissue. Ah well. There are too many variables to consider.

Nova23

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't lust over any SPS, since whatever I get, it turns green. heh
purple nana? green.
pink cadillac, green.
wwc yellow tips? all green
pearl berry.. green
a whole lot of other acros... all green. Green upon green, upon green.
Even LPS, purple frogspawn, hints of green developed, Everything is green!
My Frags get green as well for the first month or 1 1/2 months
but then they start to get color right back!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: