adamt

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I had a bottle of this junk lying around and rather than dose b ionic like I normally do, I thought Id try a capful of liquid reef by brightwell. My stylo instantly tightened up and looks like sh$% 10 hours later still. One of my green table tops also lost all of its polyp extension but is coming back nicely now. Idk wth kind of crap is in that liquid reef that caused this to happen... Ive always been wary of one part calcium additives, but its got some other trace elements I thought would benefit the tank. I NEVER thought it would cause the reaction it did, at worst i figured it would be benign and just not do anything. I am extremely dissapointed with this product and if my stylo (a gorgeous piece that came from reefbum) doesnt make it, I will be forced to begin a campaign against brightwell products to avenge my fallen coral!

Anyone else ever had a similiar reaction from liquid reef or purple up (a similar product)?

Shananagans

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I just started using it myself a few weeks ago. As I only have a few sps frags in my tank, recovering from a crash while on vacation, I don't dose ever other day as directed. I dose every 4 days or so. I also dose at night as reccomended, so I would not notice any loss in poly extention. I have not seen any decline in coral, infact my undata frag looks to be healing nicely in the center where it had some sand that sat on it a bit to long. But I cannot say that it is due to the the liquid reef either. I have recently been keeping up with water changes a little better, and started running a small reactor with carbon and gfo. I have noticed that I have to clean my glass almost everyday now tho, again not sure if the liquid reef may be causeing that, as I am feeding alittle more recently due to 2 new fish additions, and wanted to make sure they got something to eat.

Not sure if that helps you, and I know it's a bit late.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: