NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
i think if i was really going to dose food is would be the oyster feast or shell and amino, but with dosing amino you have to becareful in the amount you dose, can and will quickly cause a algea outbreak, and those dosing most of this stuff run a ulns i dosed amino when i was doing vodka

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
You don't need alot of fish. And personally none of the SPS "foods" I have tried have ever made a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

dynamictank

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Good question, I feed my reef before the lights go on at 8 am I get up at 6-7 to feed n get my day started I use a mix for acans dendros and other Lps I use silversides and krill then fish flakes and fish pellets sinking kind for scavengers and then reef steroid which I think is grinded up supper fine krill. For the sps that's what I do I mix them into a cup of saltwater from the tank till it's all mixed up and fill up my turkey baster and target feed away!!!

anthony27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.7%
88   3   0
I use rothidfers and phyto plankton suspended in teh water for 15 minuts and then one power head goes on and then 15 minuts later another one will go on.

i target feed the coral as well, I have noticed that with the rothiferds the sps polyps hold on to it and take it in. I also dose small amounts of coral amino

AlohaTropics

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
We are looking to have the first batch of Reef Pearls in the US by December. It took a while for USDA approval but it all seems fine now. It's a big hit in Europe where SPS are the more popular culture. Variable sized small capsulated high protein food from 5-200 microns for even the tiniest polyped acros. Will stay in suspension without breaking down into dissolved nutrients for 24 hours by which most uneaten food would be skimmed out.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: