ecchybridLE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I am about to go through this again with my tank as I made the same mistake with some live rock from my lfs. U know you can leave interceptor in for 24 to 48 hours with no harmful effects. I heard it becomes benign( if I spelled that right) after 48 hours. I left it in for two days at a clip. I'm taggin along on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Reefs

pauliwalnuts

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
I did read a post on ReefCentral where the guy said he had done a 48hr treatment.
But as soon as I got home, I saw my shrimp and crabs piss drunk. So, I rapidly did a water change and replaced carbon.

You can say it's confirmed now, it has been two days now without seeing my cocoworm. RIP little fellow.

Last edited:

drazel

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the process of my 3rd treatment right now. After the second one, my blood and cleaner shrimp didn't make it. Also after the second one there was no sign of any bugs around. I'm doing the third one just to make sure everything is dead including larva. I also have a 150 total water volume and I used half of the pill, did a 30% water change and ran some carbon.

pauliwalnuts

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
ok, now that things have slowed down a bit. I'm ready for phase two.
Meds have been in the water since this morning. Going home in a few to preform the water and carbon change. Hope fully I didn't loose my two little buddys (skunk shrimp).

Last edited:

pauliwalnuts

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
After two 25% water changes and two carbon replacements, I'm finally done with the second phase of the treatment.
Outcome, most of my hermits are gone by now and my little buddy is too (skunk shrimp). Also lost my cocoworm during the first phase treatment. For two nights, I've been searching, but found no sign of red bugs.
I have decided to not preform the last phase of the treatment, as I find it not necessary. I will be keeping a good eye on all my acros for the pests. If I happen to come across them, I will post on this thread again and follow with the complete treatment.
In three weeks, I'll report back " if or no " signs of red bugs.

Last edited:

tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
Rating - 100%
390   0   0
hey pauli,
any update? i've just been informed that the frags i sold to another member had redbugs on them. i kept starring at all my colonies....i can't see them....either i don't know what i'm looking for or my eyes are going bad. anyway, would you please send me a link to contact the vet so i can get the interceptor pill.
what is the best way/time to look for the redbugs? i've read about them and saw pics online but never seen them in person so don't exactly know what to look for.
i've inspected every frags i've ever gotten and never seen any redbugs....or i just didn't know what to look for.
thanks, tom

pauliwalnuts

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Tank still seems to be bug free.
Sorry to hear of your inconvenience Tom. I've e-mailed you guys the consent form. Good luck and don't forget to checkout the links provided here on this thread, they will give you all the info needed to do the treatment.

JARRETT SHARK

Addicted to coral
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
hey pauli,
any update? i've just been informed that the frags i sold to another member had redbugs on them. i kept starring at all my colonies....i can't see them....either i don't know what i'm looking for or my eyes are going bad. anyway, would you please send me a link to contact the vet so i can get the interceptor pill.
what is the best way/time to look for the redbugs? i've read about them and saw pics online but never seen them in person so don't exactly know what to look for.
i've inspected every frags i've ever gotten and never seen any redbugs....or i just didn't know what to look for.
thanks, tom

Tom, the best time is with lights on, look real close were your eye balls are glued to the tank or even take out a frag or 2 to look under the 400w MH to get a better look, you will see very tiny red dots and maybe moving around, hows the colors been? Maybe just dose to be safe but make sure you have no hermits or shrimp

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: